Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeS

Here's the single speedI built for my son. It's a very lightweight 90's Ribble frameset with Miche Flip Flop hubs, Mavic Open Sport rims, Truativ Isoflow chainset and Sora brakes. The bars are Pashley North Road bends. He didn't get on with the flat pedals and has since fitted SPDs
My current project is to build a low-budget one for myself based on an old Raleigh frame,

3939167336_4c1e7d57fc_b.jpg

Matty

Here is the new Roadrat. This was the 'fresh from bike shop and in lounge picture'. I've since started to spoil its looks with mudguards, lights etc......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_lisa_fuller/4281048261/in/set-72157622040464798/

set-72157622040464798

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Since it's changed a bit, here's another picture of my Yellow Bike.

It's now got a dynamo hub in a yellow rim built by me, and a matching yellow Fisha light. And a Brooks saddle that came with another second-hand bike. And a better rack.

DSC_0016.jpg

PpPete

Legendary Member
Here's mine...

DSC01390.jpg

Some time ago, I enquired elsewhere in Cyclechat about Dawes Renown - nobody had much input so I bought one on Ebay - almost out of curiousity.

Anyway 531 F&F, bit tighter geometry than my Galaxy of similar size, but still with mudguard eyelets & clearance on 700x23.

Not much money, but not in very good shape either, apart from anything else the rear gear hanger thread was stripped. I was planning to get it fixed at Argos, but not really worth it as one of seat stays slightly buckled.

Horizontal drop-outs, so it became the basis of a low-cost fixed. Everything on it was to be either original, from my "box of bits" or a cast-off from one of my other restorations. Nearly succeeded. Had to buy another second-hand Bottom bracket on e-bay to sort the chainline, and new chain, fixed sprocket & brake cables.

I've kept it "cosmetically challenged" so I don't have to clutter up the clean lines with a heavy lock. - and left back brake on in case I ever put a flip-flop hub on one day.

As it is - exactly 10 kgs.

Don't tell me the chain's slack, I just spotted that after taking pic

amrushton

Np pic but I spoke to a rider in Bolton yesterday who was astride a restored powder blue 'Jack Taylor' frame with Lyotard pedals,Binda toeclips and Mafac brakes. He had wooden rims shod with Vittoria tubs.It looked superb and I was quite envious. Worth looking out for if you are in the Bolton area

Jones

My first post on here so it has to be a pic of my Guyzer single speed :smile: its had a few owners and been sold on various forums so a few of you may recognise it :tongue:

guyz1a.jpg

guyz2a.jpg

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my vintage claud butler. 531 single gauge frame with exquisite lugs. the wheels are sprint rims built by the legendary reg harris' mechanic. a bit of digging about has confirmed that it is probably from 1949-1957, although the frame was re-enammelled in the early '60s and has a holdsworth (who bought the brand in 1959) claud butler seat tube sticker when the stem and quick-change stronglight chainset were probably added. the brakes are a bit newer, from the early '70s, from a club-mates bit-box.

the green brooks' bar tape and saddle (although the bike would have originally been supplied with one) are completely modern but add sartorial elegance…

4093191737_a45c009fcd_b.jpg

PpPete

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
my vintage claud butler. 531 single gauge frame with exquisite lugs. the wheels are sprint rims built by the legendary reg harris' mechanic.

the green brooks' bar tape and saddle are completely modern but add sartorial elegance…

4093191737_a45c009fcd_b.jpg

Couldn't you find any green tyres then?;)

Only kidding, that's lovely....

Top Bottom