Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robeh

Fixie.jpg

Robeh

Like the look of that tell us more?
I wish I could say it was a really expensive bit of kit but I cant lol
It's a Viking Urban,i got it cheap for the intention of using it for fitness rides.
ive changed the tyres and brakes so far and i may take the rear brake off.
im a fixie virgin so if any of you peeps have any tip's they would be gratefully received...

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I wish I could say it was a really expensive bit of kit but I cant lol
It's a Viking Urban,i got it cheap for the intention of using it for fitness rides.
ive changed the tyres and brakes so far and i may take the rear brake off.
im a fixie virgin so if any of you peeps have any tip's they would be gratefully received...

Sort out the bar angle!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think that just refers to bars tilted up whilst you could probably just flip the stem over to acheive the same height & make it look more 'normal'.

What I mean is, the bars are rotated up at a bizarre angle, probably to make the hoods more rideable having been fitted in a strange location along the curve. Rather than rectify the mistake properly, a lazy mans method has been employed which renders the reach to the drops absurdly long and the wrist angle can not be comfortable. The bar angle should be less dramatic and the hood's slid up the bar a bit. This will involve removing the bar tape and re-taping.

Manonabike

Über Member
This is my SS

Frame is 58cm Reynolds 531 and it was originally built by Tom Bomwhich of Coventry.

5577641679_ae6a125906_b.jpg

I've gone off SS I think, I've hardly ridden the above bike in the last 6 months.

I changed the charge spoon saddle for a Team Pro Brooks saddle and rose it a bit too. I think it looks better.

Robeh

What I mean is, the bars are rotated up at a bizarre angle, probably to make the hoods more rideable having been fitted in a strange location along the curve. Rather than rectify the mistake properly, a lazy mans method has been employed which renders the reach to the drops absurdly long and the wrist angle can not be comfortable. The bar angle should be less dramatic and the hood's slid up the bar a bit. This will involve removing the bar tape and re-taping.
im going to fit a shorter stem and will also move the levers back,i may even replace the bars....

Top Bottom