Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thems're deep rims greg- what are they?
Tarty.

Allegedly they are Halo rims/wheels but I'm not convinced tbh - not that I'm complaining though I got them secondhand from a CC-er and they don't have Halo branding that I recognise on them like my AeroRage's do. Certainly Halo hubs but the label on the rim either says NH or HN or 7T depending on how you read it.

EDIT: A spot of lunch time googling later and

hn+hn+logo.jpg

That's the logo.

Which in turn leads me to deduce they are H PLUS SON SL 42 rims

I suspect the wheels originated in Brick Lane.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Was going to say when those were for sale that I didn't think they were Halo rims but more likely H+Son SL42 or Velocity B43 built on a Halo hub, but didn't want to question it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Was going to say when those were for sale that I didn't think they were Halo rims but more likely H+Son SL42 or Velocity B43 built on a Halo hub, but didn't want to question it.
they're nice enough wheels and the seller wasn't trying to mislead (not that you/I are saying he was). they spin up ok and with lots of mass for added flywheel effect once they are moving.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The H+Son rim's are good rims if a little heavy.

they're nice enough wheels and the seller wasn't trying to mislead (not that you/I are saying he was). they spin up ok and with lots of mass for added flywheel effect once they are moving.

No definitelly not, hence why I didn't comment as it would of been hard to comment without it being seemingly accusatory (especially if I was in a grumpy mood at the time, which I might have been).

Teuchter

Über Member
80s Falcon conversion from a couple of years ago when it was still fresh and shiny...
4348255585_d59410d6b0_z.jpg
More recently in commuting guise taken this summer...
7334211594_4ec10ff145_z.jpg

I've not ridden it for a few months now as its waiting an overhaul followed by a decision on whether or not its going to be sold as part of thinning down my bike fleet.

jim55

Guru
that looks lovely ^^^
BUT,,,,its crying out for drop bars man :eek:

jim55

Guru
yeah ,,,riser bars to flats !!not a quantum leap its a proper old style retro frame and (imo )looks best with drops

Trebz

Hehe, I agree it would suit drops more but....i'm 42 and have a bad back sooooo... flat bar it is, the riser bar was fitted to give it a 'Gentlemens Bike' look, more traditional than modern. The flat bar was given to me, X-Lite Titanium, so I just HAD to fit it. Gave it a good ride a few weeks ago and it felt great. Really enjoying the ride in comparison to my Retro MTB's.

jim55

Guru
i know what u mean ,im 44 and my fixed is running riser bars just now but im in the process of refitting drops ,i tend to spend all my time on the hoods or the flats(for dawdling )but as far as looks go i think drops are far nicer and suit that style of bike better

Top Bottom