Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zojam

Replacement for Langster which failed to survive crash just before Christmas. Looked for ages and ages for fixed gear frames with water bottle mounts. Persuaded myself that none (or very few existed) so had to go custom route. Went with Justin Burls, had him design a frame with a starting point of my Specialized Roubaix SL3 which I find really comfortable. A few iterations and discussions later and we were good to go. Frame arrived on Thursday, built it up last night, and went for a 50 mile shakedown in the rain this morning,

I'm bound to be biased, but it's a lovely smooth ride, a lot more comfortable than the Langster, and pushing on the deals is immediately satisfying,

Just need to get fitness back, and shoulder fixed.

View attachment 91792
Nice looking bike

Basil.B

Guru
Lovely bike you got there, must have legs long as a giraffe though!

MrFixed

Here's mine. I bought it second hand and I'm in the process of giving it some TLC.

Attachments

• IMG_20150702_073635.jpg
    IMG_20150702_073635.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 85

Rafferty

It's taken a couple of weeks to get to this point and I have enjoyed every minute, I did it all myself including building a front wheel, bearings replaced in rear wheel, new bottom headset bearings,, new chainring, sprocket and chain, replaced rear brake caliber with one from another bike and touched up the paintwork. I finally have my dream bike and the least expensive though worth a tad more now.
0466BC0F-D3BF-48E3-885F-69E511CFC71F_zps4kvlt7f1.jpg

:smile:
Me want!

zigzag

Veteran
i'm sure it's a nice bike to ride, but struggle to see how can a heavy/flexy steel bike be best climbing machine. it does look nice and is very practical though!

p.s. some lovely bikes appeared on this thread while i was away :okay:

cdx

Here's my definitely-not-a-climber.

If you look close you can see the result of a recent slow-speed dooring close to the rear hub :smile:

bike.jpg

The electric tape is my attempt to make it less appealing to steal, i.e. uglier. I think I was successful :smile:

zigzag

Veteran
upgraded cranks/bb from alfine to fsa slk light. lighter by almost 300g and the colour of axle matches the colour of track ends. from this morning's ride:
2015-07-21 08.29.06.jpg

i'm sure it's a nice bike to ride, but struggle to see how can a heavy/flexy steel bike be best climbing machine. it does look nice and is very practical though!

p.s. some lovely bikes appeared on this thread while i was away :okay:
First off, the weight, it's 853 so light and stiff compared with the overwhelming majority of steel bikes. Compared with my alu Pearson, which I always think has a very lively feel to it [also remarked on by a friend who gave it a spin], the Rourke has a shorter wheelbase but same length top tube so I am guessing the frame angles are more akin to a track bike and indeed having raced on a track bike it has that kind of feel. Finally, don't underestimate the "feel good" effect, I even feel better on a clean bike and I am sure plenty of others will identify with that, so when I climb on a clean Rourke it is amazing.

zigzag

Veteran
fair enough, i just couldn't imagine that a heavy steel bike with longish wheelbase can climb well - it must be the strong legs propelling it!

i've got the same bluemels mudguards on my hybrid btw, they are very effective in keeping the white bike clean(er).

zigzag

Veteran
Two things:

That's a big front garden you've got.
That's a fairly toothy front ring as well (although not as huge as @cdx 's)

- takes a long time to mow the lawn..:rolleyes:
- 52t, it works well, the bike is fast and can go up moderate hills (vanbrugh hill at 17% no problem); i've got a bigger sprocket (20t) and longer chain for hillier rides, which take about 5min to swap around

Top Bottom