Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is my Specialized Langster.

Geared with 3/32 - 48t front and 16t rear
GoldtecHubs on Mavic Open pro rims
Bontrager carbon fork and track crank.
Specialized pave carbon post
Selle italia slr xp saddle
Planet x bull horn bars

syH7t4NtZSkUHjxSAWSrb+0rfCqmMGTB0300.jpg

christian dieu

Here's mine. Sorry it is firmly in the MTB mould!

gbb

Legendary Member
Sorry to jump in guys... Mr Phoebus...those bars, cut off drops i assume.

I just got a old Raleigh as a rebuild project, not fixed, but the guy had the same style bars with STIs mounted.
I think it looks kinda cool, but different. Never saw that done before...then lo and behold...i saw a guy in London on Saturday, same style bars on a fixed.

Is it common ?....have i lived a sheltered life ? :blush:

An observation...how in the world do people ride in London, on a fixed, with all the traffic ? Respect due.

Si

Here's mine:

ss.jpg

afraid it's of the MTB variety too, although a little different to most.

Not putting a pic up of the road SS (a Jacques Anquetil 'Maillot Jaune') until I get it painted.

Pingu

pomp01.jpg

Pompino singlespeed

Built from mainly sale, gift & old stock :?:

romans

gbb said:
Sorry to jump in guys... Mr Phoebus...those bars, cut off drops i assume.

I just got a old Raleigh as a rebuild project, not fixed, but the guy had the same style bars with STIs mounted.
I think it looks kinda cool, but different. Never saw that done before...then lo and behold...i saw a guy in London on Saturday, same style bars on a fixed.

Is it common ?....have i lived a sheltered life ? :eek:

An observation...how in the world do people ride in London, on a fixed, with all the traffic ? Respect due.

Yer! Loads like that especially in The Smoke. The couriers there are ace riders on fixed. Mind you, they do congregate in a bar and ....

barq

Si said:
Here's mine:

LINK

afraid it's of the MTB variety too, although a little different to most.

Your conversion I assume? I did something similar with my Trek (I'll post a picture later in the day). I'm trying to identify the forks - what are they?

barq

Ok here is mine:

imgp1170.jpg

It is a Trek 4500 MTB from a few years back. I replaced the suspension forks with some rigid Kona Project 2 forks. I've stealthed also the Easton bling because I also commute on this bike. I used a DMR kit (click - yes I know it needs a clean!) kit to convert the bike to singlespeed. The cranks are just regular Deore cranks with the granny and big rings removed and an FSA bashguard added (click). The tyres are Vredestein Perfect Moires which although not fast are nice and grippy in the wet and large enough for me to be happy on the occasional off-road diversion on my commute home. Occasionally I go XC single-speeding on this bike. It's quite exciting, not least because when I leave the lock at home it pretty much halves the weight of the bike. :tongue:

yello

I've got a pompino. You know what they look like. I've added some black SKS mudguards, changed the front brakes to tektros and added a bottle cage. Other than that, standard. Boring huh?

Top Bottom