Why roadies pass us.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just read this thread, the roadies overtake old b****s like me because they are younger and fitter or have been riding all there lives but I dont give a monkeys, I do what I can and want. Now and again I do scalp one who is knackerd and that feels good but then it takes ages to recover. I can not spell for toffie either, my English, which I regard as a second language to Geordie/Cumbrian is terrible and I love swots, who pull up other peoples mistakes because most wear nothing but Fur coats and Patchwork Knickers and do not have the nunce to see when the P is being taken out of them.
Rant over for now. Tesco Sherry speaks louder than words

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Just read this thread, the roadies overtake old b****s like me because they are younger and fitter or have been riding all there lives but I dont give a monkeys, I do what I can and want. Now and again I do scalp one who is knackerd and that feels good but then it takes ages to recover. I can not spell for toffie either, my English, which I regard as a second language to Geordie/Cumbrian is terrible and I love swots, who pull up other peoples mistakes because most wear nothing but Fur coats and Patchwork Knickers and do not have the nunce to see when the P is being taken out of them.
Rant over for now. Tesco Sherry speaks louder than words

It's not so much the poor spelling but the apparent indiscriminate cutting and pasting of information collecting from a miscellany of unidentified specific sources, that marks the work as a poorly crafted piece that would not see the light of day in a peer reviewed journal.

It's not a mystery why roadies and torists ahve different speeds and it's mindset. There's no need for a psuedo science paper to explain the difference. The treatise was a series of answers looking for a question to answer. :thumbsup:

wouldn't it be wonderful if you could get one of these 'hidden in frame' motors and chat away to a roadie going up a long hill, while you've got all the kit and a tagalong. Then apologise profusely for your bad manners but explain that you struggle to keep up low speeds on hills and gradually ease away.

We bought an ex test electric bike from "Encycleopedia" for my Mother in Law in her 70's

It was a trendy cruiser, which I intended to modify, but she loved it as it was!

As a slight OAP it had a fair turn of speed, and her favourite trick was to take out unsuspecting teenagers!

GizmoGremlin

Hmm - didn't realise this _was_ a peer reviewd journal.

I'm new to the forum, but won't hang around if this iss the level of tolerance being shown.

By the way, I'll show my ignorance of the english language and ask Vernon what the words "torists" and "ahve" mean please.

Thanks.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
everybody passes me
sad.gif
the other day I was over taken by an electric bike
ohmy.gif

I was passed by an large elderly gentleman on an electric bike last week, I was cycling at 24km/h at the time, large elderly gentleman must've had at least 3 or 4 km/h over me!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Hmm - didn't realise this _was_ a peer reviewd journal.

I'm new to the forum, but won't hang around if this iss the level of tolerance being shown.

By the way, I'll show my ignorance of the english language and ask Vernon what the words "torists" and "ahve" mean please.

Thanks.

I will when you can differentiate between typos and spelling mistakes :thumbsup:

yello

Whoops! ;)

Welcome Gizmo, and stick around! Sure, stuff gets a bit robust from time to time but I wouldn't let it put you off.

For what it's worth, I think you made a fair point with your 'peer reviewed' comment. I personally took the OPs post to be little more than personal musings and a bit of googling. Interesting, thought provoking and worthy of a topic. But certainly nothing that deserved critiquing for style and presentation!

I passed a roadie a while back, full lycra look and not going too slow either I thought.
It took some effort but I was proud as I pulled out to overtake with both rear panniers.

As I passed him my pride was replaced by the thought "I hope I can ride like that when I'm 80!" :blush:

sgw

Please don't go on their behalf. There aren't too many like that but the more they put off, the higher proportion they make.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
FWIW, having seen his ridiculous thread in P&L re the velodrome, I'm pretty sure he's a troll but don't let that stop you discussing the topic if you find it interesting or worthy.

Fran143

Über Member
I passed a roadie a while back, full lycra look and not going too slow either I thought.
It took some effort but I was proud as I pulled out to overtake with both rear panniers.

As I passed him my pride was replaced by the thought "I hope I can ride like that when I'm 80!" :blush:

Love it:thumbsup:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
everybody passes me
sad.gif
the other day I was over taken by an electric bike
ohmy.gif
and I'm sure one day an old dear will undertake me on the pavement using a zimmer frame, God I hate getting old

I used to get regularly over taken by a jogger... thing is, we'd pass as he was jogging 'out' to the next village, then on his way back, about 10 minutes later he'd pass me!

to be fair I was always on the long slow uphill stretch when he over took me... and he did come 2nd in the 1500meters in the youth commonwealth games... but it still hurts! :cry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
FWIW, having seen his ridiculous thread in P&L re the velodrome, I'm pretty sure he's a troll but don't let that stop you discussing the topic if you find it interesting or worthy.

We could start some more:

Why sports cars pass lorries.

and

Why cheetahs pass elephants.

Top Bottom