Why wouldn't you wear a helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
This isn't about helmet effectiveness/ineffectiveness its about attitudes to helmets.

If we acknowledge a helmet offers a bit more protection during low speed impact to your head than
A) Nothing
B) a cloth cap

and if you accept you CAN fall off your bike, however rarely - it can happen

So for the sake of a few quid you could avoid a nasty bang on the head. gravel rash, possible stitches, mild concussion, in the even of an accident,

why wouldn't you wear a helmet ?

you probably wear gloves to protect your hands

so whats it about helmets that you don't like?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I like cycling without one - it really is as simple as that.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Why wouldn't I? Because I don't want to and I have the choice. Long may that continue.

The reasons why I don't want to are entirely my own. I don't have to explain, let alone defend, the choices I make. :smile:
Of course you do, part of the rules for non helmet wearers is that they have to justify why they don't wear one, cos not wearing one is just stupid innit.

OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
[QUOTE 3715011, member: 9609"]I get overly worried about people walking on the beach without wearing life jacket - clearly it could save their lives if they suddenly fell into a deep puddle or caught by a freak wave.[/QUOTE]
- so do I - a Tsunami is just around the corner.

machew

Veteran
After my last accident where I had a bad case of concussion, I always wear a helmet when I am driving my car. Plus a HANS device to stop whiplash

DEFENDER01

Über Member
I guess you could compare this to the seat belt law.
They were there to be used before it became law many chose not to.
Now we think nothing about getting in a car and using them.
Strangely enough if the seat belt law was taken away i would probably still use one now.
I have a helmet and must say i rarely use it. :rolleyes:

broadway

Veteran
This isn't about helmet effectiveness/ineffectiveness its about attitudes to helmets.

If we acknowledge a helmet offers a bit more protection during low speed impact to your head than
A) Nothing
B) a cloth cap

and if you accept you CAN fall off your bike, however rarely - it can happen

So for the sake of a few quid you could avoid a nasty bang on the head. gravel rash, possible stitches, mild concussion, in the even of an accident,

why wouldn't you wear a helmet ?

you probably wear gloves to protect your hands

so whats it about helmets that you don't like?

As this applies to most things in life do you always wear a helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom