Why wouldn't you wear a helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
625526_397971763600256_638908149_n.jpg

As Mikael Colville-Andersen and Hart Noecker of Rebel Metropolis have pointed out, one is much more likely to have a head injury in a car than on a bike. The absolute number of head injuries is staggering in comparison; Stromberg shows that even looking at the number of injuries per hour of travel, which compensates for the fact that there are a lot more drivers than cyclists, the rate of head injuries is not significantly different between walking, cycling or driving.

In fact, if anyone needs a helmet, it is the pedestrian, who has even higher rates of head injuries than cyclists.

Attachments

• 625526_397971763600256_638908149_n.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 29

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Not the law and rare proof it saves your life.

Unlike seat belts that

Are the law and there is countless proof they do save your life.

doog

As Mikael Colville-Andersen and Hart Noecker of Rebel Metropolis have pointed out, one is much more likely to have a head injury in a car than on a bike. The absolute number of head injuries is staggering in comparison; Stromberg shows that even looking at the number of injuries per hour of travel, which compensates for the fact that there are a lot more drivers than cyclists, the rate of head injuries is not significantly different between walking, cycling or driving.

In fact, if anyone needs a helmet, it is the pedestrian, who has even higher rates of head injuries than cyclists.

How do you measure head injuries that dont occur as a result of people wearing cycle helmets ?

Attachments

• 625526_397971763600256_638908149_n.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 31

Tin Pot

Guru
Someone posts a photo of the cracked helmet on the internet and GCHQ do the rest, obvs.

If only there was a way to get the citizenry to mount cameras on them too so that we get better coverage of what everyone is up to.

Tin Pot

Guru
Injury road traffic collisions involving mechanically propelled vehicles tend to be recorded and are subject to a shed load of statistical information. People falling off bikes arent...the stats are worthless.

Incomplete stats are not worthless stats.

Injury road traffic collisions involving mechanically propelled vehicles tend to be recorded and are subject to a shed load of statistical information. People falling off bikes arent...the stats are worthless.

84% of serious cycling injuries on the road involve motor vehicles, if you have evidence that the remainder are unreported I'd like to see it.

doog

84% of serious cycling injuries on the road involve motor vehicles, if you have evidence that the remainder are unreported I'd like to see it.

really, seeing as your'e posting random stuff you found on google...chew over this...its random and yes I found it on google...just like you

'One third of the cyclists who are admitted to hospital with serious injury after a road crash are diagnosed with head or brain injury. Approximately three-quarters of the head and brain injuries among cyclists are caused by crashes that do not involve motorized traffic'

http://www.swov.nl/rapport/Factsheets/UK/FS_Bicycle_helmets.pdf

really, seeing as your'e posting random stuff you found on google...chew over this...its random and yes I found it on google...just like you

'One third of the cyclists who are admitted to hospital with serious injury after a road crash are diagnosed with head or brain injury. Approximately three-quarters of the head and brain injuries among cyclists are caused by crashes that do not involve motorized traffic'

http://www.swov.nl/rapport/Factsheets/UK/FS_Bicycle_helmets.pdf

On the roads, I said. You're including injuries to children learning to ride in the park.

doog

On the roads, I said. You're including injuries to children learning to ride in the park.

'One third of the cyclists who are admitted to hospital with serious injury after a road crash are diagnosed with head or brain injury'

err it did say road crash, just put the kiddies in the park down as a brucie bonus...

I actually dont really care but your'e all good value I'll give you that :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom