Whyte gravel bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
What makes them brands you don't want to own? Paintwork, being Taiwanese or some other issue?
I like to buy bikes from UK based brands :okay: (even if all the parts are made overseas). Is that ok with you? :wacko:
I started a thread specifically about Whyte gravel bikes as that's what I am looking at as the range offers the spec I want, at an acceptable price, from a trusted LBS that I've been using for many years...oh and they're actually available asap and in a colour I want (which is actually the most important after groupset /spec!)
Giant gravel bikes offer me nothing SRAM shod nor aesthetically nor availability in my size and the Merida Silex 400 although the right colour has a Shimano groupset and isn't actually available anywhere for me to try...so :whistle:

I mean how astonishingly dull looking are these https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/bikes-revolt ... :ph34r:...matt black, matt concrete... matt desert sage xx(

The LIV blue is ok colourwise but dull styling ...and I'd never spend £1200 on a bike with Sora & Tektro mech brakes! https://www.liv-cycling.com/gb/bikes-devote

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I don’t have a car currently (thanks to some idiot in Exeter who couldn’t park competently next to me) and a waste of petrol when I can walk to Balfes :laugh:
I’d rather spend my weekends cycling than driving hundreds of miles :okay:
Ouch - stick a hire car & a tank of fuel on the insurance claim against the other driver. Then go up midweek and claim it against expenses ^_^

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Ouch - stick a hire car & a tank of fuel on the insurance claim against the other driver. Then go up midweek and claim it against expenses ^_^
The repairers didn’t have an automatic courtesy car so I’ve just gone without.
I need to decide what to do bike wise, I’m actually going to stick some gravel tyres and guards on the Ti for now and see if that works on rougher stuff :okay:
Maybe a bit posh for winter but the Whyte isn’t exactly cheap :laugh:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I don’t have a car currently (thanks to some idiot in Exeter who couldn’t park competently next to me) and a waste of petrol when I can walk to Balfes :laugh:
I’d rather spend my weekends cycling than driving hundreds of miles :okay:
You could always ride it back just need to sort the getting there bit

T4tomo

Legendary Member
there is an article / review of the Friston & the Dean in this month's cycling plus mag for what its worth - I haven't got to the end of it yet as finished my Blueberry wheats and left for work, but they seemed quite positive on the Friston

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
To close this off, I have fitted gravel tyres and mudguards to the Sabbath AR1 and bought the Condor with skinny 25s instead of a gravel bike :laugh:

Top Bottom