Whyte Pimlico & Cambridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
A nerdy sort of question:

Am helping D1 choose a Bike to Work bike from Cycles uk.

We saw and test rode a Whyte Cambridge Large (she is 5ft10/inside leg 32) she found it fine, and MUCH better than her current Spech MTB commuter

Now, looking at the Whyte website, i see that the Cambridge/Pimlico are essentially the same bike in Mens/Womens configurations.

Key differences are:
1 Shorter top tube/longer stem and shorter wheelbase for the women's
2 different brakes (Tectro Gemini for the mens & Tectro Auriga for the womens

Anyone who knows more about bike fit than me able to help clarify the issues wrt men/women bike geometry?
Any views on the brakes?

I know @vickster had a Cambridge, any comments wrt the Cambridge/Pimlico difference?

I know, ideally she should test ride both but that may not be possible.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't know, I am a similar height, had a medium Cambridge until recently, I always found it small, so large sounds the way to go

Whyte have all the measurements on their site/in their brochure. Cycle power in Worcester park are a Whyte dealer and good guys, so pay them a visit :smile: unless you have to buy from cycles uk

I had a 2011, no issue with the Tektro brakes

If she doesn't have to have the latest, this bargain could work out cheaper than c2w

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co....em='Whyte Cambridge 2012 Hybrid/Commuter Bike'

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
I don't know, I am a similar height, had a medium Cambridge until recently, I always found it small, so large sounds the way to go

Whyte have all the measurements on their site/in their brochure. Cycle power in Worcester park are a Whyte dealer and good guys, so pay them a visit :smile: unless you have to buy from cycles uk

I had a 2011, no issue with the Tektro brakes

If she doesn't have to have the latest, this bargain could work out cheaper than c2w

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/catalog/product.php?CI_ID=12322&Item='Whyte Cambridge 2012 Hybrid/Commuter Bike'

Thanks for the link, but cash flow points her at c2w....

Top Bottom