Whyte Suffolk 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
You do know that a man can ride a WSD bike, just like the superior sex can ride a 'men's' bike ;) It's black, hardly 'girly' looking...it's about the fit

Buy one and I'll swap you the saddle for the men's one that came off my 'men's' Cambridge

One thing, I do wish Whyte would stop putting those appalling Mexxis Detonator tyres on their lovely bikes

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
At least Suffolk is awarded a higher end model, the Somerset is bottom of the range, for women only :sad:

Oh, just noticed, the Suffolk has much better brakes than the Synapse!

Oh no! Somerset has better cider.

OP
OP
JoeyB

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Went into Halfords today and looked at the Boardman CX Team. It works out at £765 with their 15% one day only discount...it doesnt have 11 speed but it seems to tick all the other boxes... so do i go cheap and cheerful or do i stick to the plan?!?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Went into Halfords today and looked at the Boardman CX Team. It works out at £765 with their 15% one day only discount...it doesnt have 11 speed but it seems to tick all the other boxes... so do i go cheap and cheerful or do i stick to the plan?!?

Stick to the plan.
Get something different... aimvho much nicer looking

vickster

Legendary Member
+1

I reckon someone will have 10-15% off Whyte's after Xmas

And if not, go have a chat with your LBS :smile:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not?

EBC have flash sales off everything

Ashcycles give 15% of goods with 2015 Giants, that's essentially a discount, there's always stuff needed, bike, rack, panniers, pedals, whatever

OP
OP
JoeyB

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Eek.

I just realised that I have some free Edenred compliments vouchers on their way to me and the one participating Cycling store listed on their website happens to be the one where I saw the Whyte Suffolk!! (Cycle World Wessex). The only thing I need to check is that its available at all Cycle World shops and not just the Southampton one.

That would take the cost under a grand!

vickster

Legendary Member
What's wrong with the Southampton one?

There's no Suffolk on the website, but it's a crap website so that means nothing!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nowt wrong with the Boardman, great bikes. Better name too. Whyte sounds very nondescript, like a brand of porridge oats.

Top Bottom