Whyte Suffolk 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JoeyB

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I love that bike but not on my budget.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Had a look and a fondle of a Suffolk in Cycle Surgery in London this afternoon.
Hmmm.. tis a very nice bike in the flesh.
You'd be mad not to go for it.

OP
OP
JoeyB

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Had a look and a fondle of a Suffolk in Cycle Surgery in London this afternoon.
Hmmm.. tis a very nice bike in the flesh.
You'd be mad not to go for it.

Yup I saw it again in the flesh on Friday evening at my local Cycle Surgery. Just got to sort out the C2W details and I'll get it bought in the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
JoeyB

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Popped into my local LBS today and they said they can order a Genesis Equilibrium Disk 20 in and do it for £1350 instead of £1500. That brings it within £150 of the Whyte... the LBS dude was obviously bias but he said the Genesis had the better kit on it specifically wheels...

Now I'm back to square one. He is going to find out lead time on that particular model and get back to me in the new year. I guess I can wait that long...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Popped into my local LBS today and they said they can order a Genesis Equilibrium Disk 20 in and do it for £1350 instead of £1500. That brings it within £150 of the Whyte... the LBS dude was obviously bias but he said the Genesis had the better kit on it specifically wheels...

Now I'm back to square one. He is going to find out lead time on that particular model and get back to me in the new year. I guess I can wait that long...

If you've not seen it. Bike Radar review HERE

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoeyB

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I appear to have stopped riding to work due to the fact i now have to carry my laptop with me and can't stand wearing a backpack. So, this is clearly grounds for a new commuter bike that has eyelets for a rack.

Whilst im being practical, I would also like to add disc brakes. For some reason that I can't quite justify or explain, I also want 11 speed. Finally, it has to be 105 or above as I don't like cables sticking out of the shifters.

I could sit here and tell you all that it would be good have something for occasional off-road use but realistically I have an MTB for that so it doesn't need to be a full on CX bike, plus I'm not keen on CX specific gearing.

Went to a not so local LBS on Sunday and they showed me this :

5279-17187-full-suffolk-90.jpg

The only other bike under £1500 that sort of floats my boat is a Genesis Equilibrium of some sort... But I told myself if I had a Genesis it would be a Ti and that's out of budget right now...ideally I didn't want to spend more than a grand as I'll put this purchase through my limited company for the tax saving. I can stretch to £1200 for the above Whyte though, I think.

So can anyone shed light on anything I might have missed? I'd be quite happy if someone can point me in the direction of a disc equipped Ti frame with 105 11 speed lol...
@JoeyB that looks fab

Top Bottom