Whyte Winchelsea e-road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Does the panel have any experience or views on this bike?

I've read much on here about e-bikes in general, and am interested in this specific bike.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's one of a number of roadie ebikes which use the light assist Fazua crank drive.

At a stroke, the introduction of Boardman bikes with the same motor for £2k made the likes of the Whyte look very expensive.

gzoom

Über Member
@Pale Rider Don't forget though a bike is much more than a sum of its parts and not all the Fazua eBike are created equal.

I love my Boardman but the frame could be much stiffer, the wheels are bargain basement, and there is a whole load of weight loss that can be achieved with better/lighter finishing kit.

Having said the specs of the Whyte doesn't look that much better, and just like unassisted bikes, Boardmans do deliver excellent value.

The most interesting Fazua equipped bikes is the Canyon Roadlite range. Had the Al 9.0 been available when I bought my Boardman back in Feb I would have gone for that instead. I doubt its actually that much better or quicker than the Boardman but the clean cockpit area just looks fab and am so vain when it comes to how a bike looks :laugh:

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@Pale Rider Don't forget though a bike is much more than a sum of its parts and not all the Fazua eBike are created equal.

It is true to say the differences between Fazua bikes come down to the variations in the push bike bits.

But the motor is the dominant feature, making the differences in the other components less noticeable and less important than on a push bike.

Or put another way, most buyers buy a Fazua bike because of the motor, not because of the groupset, wheels, or some other component.

Top Bottom