Wickford/Basildon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
So that's Time Trialling along the A127 out then.
Looking ahead to post snowmageddon* and a general warming up, anyone have preferences for availablity? Sunday morning is a pain for me (and one reason why I haven't embraced the club culture) with the Diglets sporting schedule but otherwise reasonably flexible

*The light flurry expected

OP
OP
Rafferty

Rafferty

Gave up Time Trialling in the 80s. I used to ride with the Becontree Wheelers years ago.

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
I usually try to get in few miles when the next Simon Cowell travesty of a tv programme comes on. My wife and children like to watch this type of rubbish - I clip on the lights and get a few miles in.

Toeclip

Guru
I wouldn`t call the Gateway CC a chain-gang, there are several rides that go out on a Sunday to suit all riders with varying distance and speed. All rides include a cafe stop too.

Diggs

Veteran
Hi @Ian193 happy to be lead by suggestions. Out on my own, ideally I'd probably be out for 25-30 miles but it depends on weather and if there's stops etc. My default loop would be out to the Hanningfields via Downham, then up to Galleywood across to Margaretting looping round past The Viper (must pop in there at some point) to Ingatestone and back into Billericay. As nice as it is, I'd love a change with other people's ideas

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Would love to but unless you are going out early morning I won't be able to make it -too much family stuff to do.
I will be out at about 5.30 if anyone wants to join.

Top Bottom