Wickford/Basildon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
My wife tried to do too much after having pleurisy and ended up in the cardiac ward having collapsed whilst driving her car. She managed to pull over and call an ambulance. Be careful, your health is your most valuable asset.
Will do. Thanks. Hope your wife is ok now.

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Anyone up for an early (ish) ride in the morning?

I will be going out at about 6.30 for a 10 -15 miler probably Orsett area or South Ockendon area.

Diggs

Veteran
Ok then, anyone about at the weekend? It's a long one for most of us and I can finally concentrate on cycling after spending the last couple of months preparing for the Moonwalk with the rugby club

Diggs

Veteran
Ok so I'm reasonably flexible over the weekend, My possibles are so far:
Yellow Jersey in Billericay High St are doing a social ride tomorrow at 9 (prev tweets suggest 25miles at 15mph)
Possible some sort of lazy Orchid recce with a friend on Sunday (timing tbc- he'll be on MTB w/ slicks), potentially incorporating a link with the Ingatestone Pedallers ride at at 10 (again tbc)
Have a family gig on the Monday but assuming I'm not required to light a bbq at dawn , could be dragged out for a prompt one.
Haven't really made my mind up/finallised on any of the above so let me know if any one is keen

cm2mackem

Über Member
Did you ever get anything sorted , I'm in Great Baddow and ride Billericay, Haningfields , Sandon, about 25 miles , looking to build on that ,Saturday or Sunday about 15/16 mph , also doing London to Southend if anyone is interested

lect2015

Did you ever get anything sorted , I'm in Great Baddow and ride Billericay, Haningfields , Sandon, about 25 miles , looking to build on that ,Saturday or Sunday about 15/16 mph , also doing London to Southend if anyone is interested

When is the London to Southend? I'm new to cycling but would fancy a few local rides, I'm in Benfleet so anywhere around here, ideally quite roads to begin with.

cm2mackem

Über Member
London to Southend is Sunday 19th July, not that hard 52 miles with very few hills, think the worst is A406 up past Grange Hill tube station, then it's the very quiet roads around ongar and the hanningfields down to south woodham ferris and down to Southend

lect2015

London to Southend is Sunday 19th July, not that hard 52 miles with very few hills, think the worst is A406 up past Grange Hill tube station, then it's the very quiet roads around ongar and the hanningfields down to south woodham ferris and down to Southend

Ok, cheers, I'd be up for doing that with you.

cm2mackem

Über Member
Ok, cheers, I'd be up for doing that with you.
Not a problem we did the Billericay 40 mile yesterday, wasn't looking forward to it, but riding with a group made it so much easier , I can highly recommend the mechanics from Yelllow Jersey in Billericay who were the onroute mechanics and were very good

Top Bottom