Wickford/Basildon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeB18

I am in the Thurrock area and also looking for some people to ride with without it being serious or competitive. I got my road bike 2 years ago and done 4 15 mile commutes then put it back in the garage for the winter and haven't got it out since. I have only just started cycling again on my mountain bike so my fitness level isn't high at all. would be interested in joining some of you guys for a steady relaxed ride on weekends (won't be every week) or some weekday evenings depending on work and family

MikeB18

I have checked them out already but apart from this one off ride this week the only other easy rides they do are too early for me on a Sunday as I have other commitments Sunday mornings until about 10:30. Thank you anyway

My experience of previous London to Southend rides is that the trains stopping at billericay and laindon(my nearest stations) on that day are ram packed with cyclists even on the earlier trains.
I am going to ride a little further to Shenfield station where the trains start from there.

Toeclip

Guru
I did my first ever London to Saarfend in 1986, I rode from S. Ockendon to the start then from Southend to home. Those were the days!

Diggs

Veteran
Hi all, I'm intending to join the Yellow Jersey Cycles social ride (Billericay high st) at 9:00 tomorrow as I've missed the last two.
Just a quick heads up if anyone else is interested. I understand that Dan Patten (fig1) from Team Wiggins will be coming along .
I'll be on the Planet X RT58(fig2) Pop along and say "Hi"

fig1 2ed327dd-efea-4ba4-bb9e-40a31b5d4cdb.jpg fig2 34b043f9-4a31-4771-920b-baafd9da26c5.jpg

Attachments

• 34b043f9-4a31-4771-920b-baafd9da26c5.jpg
    34b043f9-4a31-4771-920b-baafd9da26c5.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 79
Ok well enough of this talk then.
@Rafferty @Ian193 @The Central Scrutinizer @Dave the Smeghead @123456789 @Leescfc79 @Toeclip
Just testing the water to see if anyone would be up for a gentle ride this Saturday (as there's a six nations break)?
If not, we can pick a date for later on, to pencil in the diaries.

Seven months down the line and all this optimism has seemed to have died a death.
I'm still up for it if anyone is still interested at weekdays or weekends.

Diggs

Veteran
Seven months down the line and all this optimism has seemed to have died a death.
I'm still up for it if anyone is still interested at weekdays or weekends.
Hahaha, another summer gone, days getting shorter etc etc.
Drop me a line, I'll still be up for a weekend spin, hopefully doing something with the Diglets this Saturday (and they have Rugby on Sunday mornings again now)

Top Bottom