Wide cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm size 12 shoes and have very wide feet anybody recomend some wide cycling shoes.
Two makes that seem to come up wider are Northwave and Lake I think.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm size 11. North Wave are good for wide-fitting SPD mountain bike shoes. My last four pairs have been from them. They are very comfortable to wear all day.

S-Express

I'm size 12 shoes and have very wide feet anybody recomend some wide cycling shoes.

Road or MTB? Most manufacturers will go up to and beyond size 12, so it's just a matter of finding a pair you like the look of and trying them. Recommendations often don't really work, for obvious reasons.

vickster

Legendary Member
Budget? Sidi mega get good feedback from the wide footed but cost £££

When I was briefly considering road shoes, the only ones that came close to feeling comfortable on my odd feet were DHB R2 (or similar) from Wiggle, around £70 IIRC. I stayed with my wide SPDs though

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
North Wave are some of the wider shoes from the standard ranges and are definitely worth a try, although you probably want the next size up what with them being Italian and therefore way out of whack with the rest of the world when it comes to sizing. I had to order a few pairs from Wiggle to be able to get a good fit. Luckily the returns are easy and no hassle.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
North Wave are some of the wider shoes from the standard ranges and are definitely worth a try, although you probably want the next size up what with them being Italian and therefore way out of whack with the rest of the world when it comes to sizing. I had to order a few pairs from Wiggle to be able to get a good fit. Luckily the returns are easy and no hassle.
^^^^^ Good advice. If you are buying online, make sure the retailer has a free returns policy. The Post Office is blooming expensive if you are paying to send them back.

vickster

Legendary Member
With Evans or Cyclesurgery and similar, you can click and collect, try on and return there and then if needed. Get your credit card recredited much quicker than with Wiggle etc if that's important

videoman

Guru
I have a pair of Shimano RO88 road shoes, size 46 which are available in wide fit and I find very comfortable as I really struggle with all types of footwear due to wide feet.

mynydd

Veteran
I echo the comment above by @videoman ive a pair of RO88 shoes in wide too, good shoes, reasonably priced and v comfortable for wider feet, as I have.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Road or MTB? Most manufacturers will go up to and beyond size 12, so it's just a matter of finding a pair you like the look of and trying them. Recommendations often don't really work, for obvious reasons.

Go and try shoes on. We don't have Clarke's luxury. Just go round a few bike shops. The shoe sizing does not fit with every day shoes.

I wear 42 or possibly 43 normal shoes and 43 Spesh or 44 Shimano or Northwave. You need to try them on, first before any decision.

Top Bottom