Wider and wider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

Ajax Bay

Guru
Worth a read:
https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/specials/grand-prix-5000-comparison
Although this uses the 'new' 5000 as the primary test tyre, later in the article they look at and discuss rolling resistance comparison with equality of tyre drop (as opposed to equal pressure or equal comfort).

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
1w difference is unoticeable anyway. The losses from the extra air resistance and weight will far outweigh it. But hey, marketing.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Decrease in width as well, resulting in an augment to aerodynamics as well. I could talk about ignition effects, but I believe they only apply to 50% of the population, and I have seen disastrous results from said experiments.

bladderhead

We recumbent riders argue about the benefits of being able to stand up in the saddle. Now I know why you all do it. Now I know why you are always talking about what kind of shorts you wear. Now I know why the UCI banned beans in 1933. Maybe I should cut a hole in the seat.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
We recumbent riders argue about the benefits of being able to stand up in the saddle. Now I know why you all do it. Now I know why you are always talking about what kind of shorts you wear. Now I know why the UCI banned beans in 1933. Maybe I should cut a hole in the seat.
I would suggest the addition of a combustion chamber and anti-blowback valve.

bladderhead

I have never done club rides or LBS Sunday rides, but I gather that they always complain about drafting behind a 'bent. They do not know how bad it can be.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

This is why upwind riders out the saddle go faster up hill whilst downwind recumbent riders choke on the gases.

Top Bottom