wife and kids on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stu9000

Happy new year all.
I bought my wife a bike for Xmas but its been a few years and she needs to build her confidence up. My kids are quite young too and they younger ones are not ready to ride on the road.

I live in worcester park near Kingston and am looking for ideas of flat wide cycle routes. There is always Nonsuch park but the dogs have a tendency to get in the way. I was thinking perhaps clapam or battersea parks. Maybe Richmond park from robin hood gate?

Thank you

vickster

Legendary Member
Wimbledon Common? Beddington Park is really nice and flat too? Bushey Park?

Nonsuch is good but know what you mean about the dogs! The rough bit at the top is better but a bit gravelly (but then so are the paths in Richmond Park)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Local to me!

Horton Park in Epsom is really good for family cycling. One small hill, and the paths are mostly of a decent quality - that kind of hard packed gravel surface.
If you fancy something more offroady, Epsom & Ashstead common (they join up with each other) can be fun too.

vickster

Legendary Member
@benb - was it you who gave me a cheery hello in Nonsuch park before Xmas? Red Jacket?

Ashtead common will be a swamp at the moment!!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
@benb - was it you who gave me a cheery hello in Nonsuch park before Xmas? Red Jacket?

Ashtead common will be a swamp at the moment!!

Most possibly - I do have a red jacket (although I got a new one for Christmas which is a bright green colour for a change.)
I sometimes cut through the park if I'm not in a rush. In fact I try and go that way at least once a week, as the views are more pleasant than the A24!
I go from Epsom to St Helier hospital, so have a few different routes I do depending what mood I'm in.

Yes, I'd leave the common for a few weeks to dry out!

Top Bottom