Wife, daughter and presents!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, my wife in her wisdom decided to buy our daughters Christmas present today whilst out shopping. The only snag is, our daughter was with my wife. She bought this lovely life like doll which our daughter has fallen in love with. Anyhow, when they get home, my wife tells our daughter she's going to wrap it up and have it for Christmas. Now, I don't know about you guys, but telling a 3 year old this information can only lead to one thing! Tears and floods of them. Just come back from a bike ride to find this war going on!

Noodley

Does not sound like a good plan.

Willow

I remember being in a shop when my son was about 4. We were actually looking at Birthday presents for his brother but came across something suitable for Christmas for the 4 year old. I smuggled it in my basket and had a word with the assistant to make sure she packed it without my son noticing. The problem was when we left the shop he noticed it was missing from the shelf (it was the only one in that colour). He howled all the way to the car park because someone else had bought it! It was a painful trip back to the car but he was so thrilled christmas morning.

col

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
Your wife sounds like an idiot...

Not nice Mr pig,It is possible to get presents while the younger ones are there,but sounds like a bit unlucky the bairn twigged.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Willow said:
I had a word with the assistant to make sure she packed it without my son noticing.

Yes I've done that one in the past - or even asked an assistant could they take it off the shelf and put it behind the till for me to pay on the way out.

Mr Pig

summerdays said:
or asked if they could take it off the shelf and put it behind the till for me to pay on the way out.

Or told them I'd collect it later and stop in the car on the way home, there are loads of things you can do. If you've got kids I'm sure that most of us have bought things with the kid there loads of times and it's not that hard.

Unless your wife deliberately showed your daughter the gift? Because she wanted to see her reaction perhaps? Which I will happily admit is not stupid, just pretty selfish.

Top Bottom