WIFI connection problem. Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
Not sure. The old one failed and they replaced it approx 12 months ago.
I am far from technical so cant even think about resetting stuff.
It's probably a Hub 3 and thus the issue is probably the hub.

Open a new browser tab and where you would type the address, type http://192.168.0.1 and you will get to the router log in page - I think it tells you the model there.

Do you have a mesh network? Ever since we got one here the wifi performance has been dreadful, my devices constantly hop from one box to another but when they do so the performance degrades massively or drops out completely, and since the mesh boxes all masquerade as the same router, there's no way to tell your device to ignore the others.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Change your wifi channel on your router, that might do the trick.
I was visiting my sister once and found that the wifi dropped every time the (cordless) landline phone rang. It turned out that the phone and router were interfering with each other. I changed the wifi channel on the router and that sorted it out.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Do you have a mesh network? Ever since we got one here the wifi performance has been dreadful, my devices constantly hop from one box to another but when they do so the performance degrades massively or drops out completely, and since the mesh boxes all masquerade as the same router, there's no way to tell your device to ignore the others.
Appreciate your response but you lost me at the 5th word. You have no idea how much of a technophobe I am :sad:

DRM

Guru
We had terrible problems with a BT Homehub 3, it was connected on WiFi but the internet would keep being lost, eventually I found the following solution, unplug router, take outside and deposit in bin, replace with 3rd party router bought earlier, the other problem was on an old Samsung phone that would not connect to any WiFi, no matter what, perhaps a web search may reveal problems with your model of phone, as this fault with mine was all over the web.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
while we're discussing the internet and all that,do any of you know to activate the internet access on my new phone? :unsure: I bought a Samsung Galaxy A10 yesterday. It's my first smartphone thingy and i just don't know where to start.:scratch:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
while we're discussing the internet and all that,do any of you know to activate the internet access on my new phone? :unsure: I bought a Samsung Galaxy A10 yesterday. It's my first smartphone thingy and i just don't know where to start.:scratch:
Like THIS?

PS Just realised that you might mean over the phone network... In which case THIS. Obviously you will need the settings suited to your phone network, which they should have given to you when you signed up with them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Same problem this morning......phone would not connect and told me "wifi may not be connected".
So I did as suggested (and I should have thought of :blush:)......I switched wifes phone on. No problem, immediate connection. BTW we have the same model phones.
I took my phone to the room with the hub and bingo....it connected. Went back to the other room and it stayed connected. So I assume it must be the phone ???

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have you used WiTuners Mobile to check the WiFI connection? You may try the capability of "continuous site survey" to check whether the issue changes with time. You can download WiTuners Mobile here
Thanks. I have found that it only happens when I am in the coservatory (where we tend to live). I have also found that when it happens if I raise and point the phone towards the front room it connects.
Wife has same model phone and that is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Can any of you offer advice? The phone i bought last week has run out of internet credit. Can i ask for more each month and obviously pay for it,or am i now tied by contract to minimal internet connection, meaning i can't get more on this phone for the duration of my contract?

Top Bottom