Wigan Canapes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
anything involving peas should be a hanging offence :rolleyes:

bobg

Über Member
Ah but are we talking "mushy" here - the luminious green claggy type ... Mmmm delicious - not forgetting that it's actually onion gravy to be totally accurate. Funny thing "taste", I was working with a visiting Scouser in London who was astonished to find pickled onions and wallies served in chippies dahn sarf. ( And don't say whats a wally)

bobg

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
Somebody from the Cheshire Plains;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to own up to being a trifle dishonest about my roots --- born and brought up in West Ham :rolleyes: live here now and can't afford to go "home".

Keith Oates

Janner
Don't believe what you read on the packets, there are very few places that you can actually buy one, even in Cornwall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strofiwimple

Veteran
mmmm savaloy stottie yum yum, but even better "with everything" meaning pease pud, stuffing and gravy. BJ's butchers in town do one so big you need a knife and fork to eat it for £1!! i kid you not.

OP
OP
T

TVC

mmmm savaloy stottie yum yum

I'm originally from South Shields, and my dad was proper old school, he loved his stottie cake, and would have bread and dripping for his supper. That of course was in the days before cholesterol was invented.

OP
OP
T

TVC

Pease pudding is gods own food. The tinned stuff is rank, yer granny recipe is always the best. Basically yellow split peas cooked down in the liquer that you've boiled your gammon in. Salty, silky, gelatinous, savory nectar, served cold in a great lump or warmed through so it melts... I want some now.

Top Bottom