Wiggins is now pro-compulsion it seems .... Nobber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
So is it cyclists helping themselves or is it becoming the law? You can't have both, the two positions oppose each other.

So you lot have your opinions but nobody else is allowed to have a different one, nobbers.^_^

To me he is the same type of hypocrite as Cracknell

Advocates helmet use and is then frequently seen without one

Secondly there is the issue of sponsorship and financial interest

When making these statements it should be made clear that he is promoting a product .......... That he is being paid to promote

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Only about half of the riders I see in London ditto. And it's the tourists, the students and the city workers in suits who tend not to.
.... And most of the people riding around Abingdon doing their shopping on a Saturday morning .....

Joffey

Big Dosser
Why is someone a nobber from having a differing opinion to you regarding helmets?

If you don't want to wear one don't. Simples. I don't think Sir Bradley of the Wiggins has the power to change the law himself or really whip up a stir with government so rest assured, your non helmet wearing bonce is safe for the time being, unless you fall off and hit your head of course! ^_^

Why is someone a nobber from having a differing opinion to you regarding helmets?

If you don't want to wear one don't. Simples. I don't think Sir Bradley of the Wiggins has the power to change the law himself or really whip up a stir with government so rest assured, your non helmet wearing bonce is safe for the time being, unless you fall off and hit your head of course! ^_^

My problem is that he is being paid for his opinion

Dan B

Disengaged member
Because his opinion is that wearing helmets "probably should go some way to becoming the law soon.”. I don't seek to legislate what he should wear when he's riding a bike, so on what basis does he try to restrict what I wear when I am?

snorri

Legendary Member
so its OK for Chris to state his disproportionately weighted opinion
Although BW and CB may be comparable in terms of sporting success, I cannot give equal credence to their views on the helmet issue.
One willingly explains the reasoning behind his views, the other issues sound bites like a drunk in the street.

FFS. Is everyone who suggests something that the contributors don't like a '' nobber ''. It's like school ground stuff. Nah Nah Nah Nah. Pathetic

Nope, he's a nobber because he's calling for a change in law that places people at more risk. If it's about saving lives then mandatory helmets for people in cars would save more lives.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Although BW and CB may be comparable in terms of sporting success, I cannot give equal credence to their views on the helmet issue.
One willingly explains the reasoning behind his views, the other issues sound bites like a drunk in the street.
Agree. CB seems to have done his homework on the subject of Cycling Safety and concluded that helmets don't even make the top ten. But weirdly helmet wearing is what most people automatically focus on because 'it's obvious' .... however ineffectual.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

FFS. Is everyone who suggests something that the contributors don't like a '' nobber ''. It's like school ground stuff. Nah Nah Nah Nah. Pathetic
Nobber.
Firstly, Nobber has a slightly different interpretation here than it might elsewhere, maybe you've not been around here long enough to know that.

Secondly, there is still no scientifically valid proof that helmets save cyclists lives at all. In fact one of the biggest and well known 'experiments' that of Helmet Compulsion in Australia did not show any benifit (in fact the opposite) with the addition that as it deterred people from cycling it was therefore additionally negatively impacting public health.
Therefore helmet compulsion as proposed by Nobber Wiggins is not only bad for cycling, it's bad for cyclists safety (more cyclist = safer cycling) it's bad for the general health of the nation it has no positive impact except to the pockets of helmet manufacturers. Calling Wiggins a Nobber in this respect is really just too mild an insult ....

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

I have come to the conclusion that it is pretty much a religious thing, concentrating as it does on promoting fear which can then only be asuaged by an act of faith. If it just had the third element of seeking to control sexuality, particularly women's sexuality, the analogy would be spot on.
Agreed. Though my helmet certainly has an effect on my sexuality ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom