Wiggle and Chain Reaction gone into administration.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
That's a slightly concerning development, considering I still have two orders outstanding and no overview on the site to see what's going on..

That said I see both sites state that pending orders will be sorted withing 7-10 days, so there's still hope.

Still kicking myself for missing out on an apparently nice Merino hoodie..

EDIT: Looks like "someone" has hoovered up all the DHB gear and is marketing it on its own site; kicking myself even more now that they're unsusrprisingly trying to shift it for full price.

Why?

I understand people not liking what Ashley does, and not buying from his places generally, but not sure how this makes any difference. He hasn't caused Wiggle's problems.

I agree, buy the right thing and it doesn't matter to me who is selling it. My wallet is not deep enough to support brand loyalty generally speaking.

Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance 625 £2,159.00 at Sports Direct with the same bike elsewhere Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance 625 £2,499.00 at Tredz.

Emanresu

That's a slightly concerning development, considering I still have two orders outstanding and no overview on the site to see what's going on..

That said I see both sites state that pending orders will be sorted withing 7-10 days, so there's still hope.

Still kicking myself for missing out on an apparently nice Merino hoodie..

EDIT: Looks like "someone" has hoovered up all the DHB gear and is marketing it on its own site; kicking myself even more now that they're unsusrprisingly trying to shift it for full price.

As above. Will have to wait as there is nothing to say the order has been shipped. However the 75+% discount from the DHB site is welcome.

Presume all the shoot referred to earlier will end up in the same place as the Moore & Large stock .... which is still not exhausted.

wafter

As above. Will have to wait as there is nothing to say the order has been shipped. However the 75+% discount from the DHB site is welcome.

Presume all the shoot referred to earlier will end up in the same place as the Moore & Large stock .... which is still not exhausted.

Indeed; am lucky to have got some decent bargains as I really needed some clothing and I'm generally happy with what I've got so far; although retrospectively there are a few more bits I wish I'd got.

I wonder what sort of model the DHB site will run; looks pretty premium and it'll be interesting to see if the stock remains at these prices, or whether they have frequent sales like CRC / Wiggle did. It's evidently pretty good gear and I wonder if going it alone as a brand like this (rather than being seen as an in-house effort) might actually increase its standing.

What's the Moore and Large stock - that held by the liquidators? I did request a stock list for the final residual stock auction; and interestingly there's no DHB stuff in there. I heard that Ashley bought the IP (so presumably including all the in-house names) but not the stock, which is a bit odd.

If he is controlling that DHB website, chances are it'll just be like all the other crap he pedals - prices high, quality slashed and fit only for the bin..

EDIT: Apparently the DHB sport domain was registered in 2010, so perhaps it remains a residual from the brand as it was, rather than a construct of someone looking to continue pedalling their products.. I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
yeah that DHB site has been trading before they went into admin i think.
i was looking at it when i was trying to decide on Bib shorts to buy. most of my clothing is DHB, good gear for the price. hope they continue to offer that when they dust settles.

will be interested in how the new sites will look and what will be different

Maylian

Veteran
Anyone happen to know what's going on with returns to Wiggle? Bought some shoes that were too tight and processed a return, but nervous that's money that'll disappear now.

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyone happen to know what's going on with returns to Wiggle? Bought some shoes that were too tight and processed a return, but nervous that's money that'll disappear now.

If needed in case of no refund, you can try a charge back through your credit card presumably

i had a bit of bother getting a refund with a parcel i sent back to chain reaction/wiggle but they did refund me in the end. i just kept on at them. no doubt you have a receipt of it being sent back?
there is the wiggle help email help@wiggle.com
if you were really clutching at straws you could try this email, it's the one i was using CustomerService@chainreactioncycles.com
they could maybe point you in the right direction

Maylian

Veteran
Well, slightly unfortunate timeline. Got the shoes which didn't fit, requested a return but my access to printing the return label has gone. So I've not sent them back just yet, but nervous to do so when I saw their website go offline.
I've emailed the help address to ask the question on whether I can continue with the return. I bought multiple items, and it's only the shoes I want to return, so guess I could look at doing a charge back if I send them back and don't get the refund.

wafter

Re. returns - I suspect given the essential zero functionality of either website, that's ship's sailed...

Sixmile

Veteran
I bought so many things over the years that I didn't need due to the option of free returns for a year. If it turned out I didn't need the part or wear whatever within the year, it went back. That was unparalleled and something I doubt we'll ever see again.

Emanresu

Just had a look at the Administrators Statement of Affairs. CRC didn't appear to have any stock but Wiggle had £37mn of it. They reckon they would get 20% for it. Wonder how much of that £37mn is still floating around.

£6.99 for some chain lube from my LBS instead of Wiggle/CRC today. I did have a shop around but for small value items it's not worth ordering online once I factor postage in.

Top Bottom