Wiggle.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I've ordered quite a bit through Wiggle. Never had a single issue with them. Always got my Haribo too. When I have asked them to price match ...they have. Orders dispatched within a day of placing it, arrival the next day. Obviously others can have bad experiences, and no company is perfect, but I've found Wiggle to be top notch so far. Plus their sportive's are really well organized and professional.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Interesting point you make jdtate101 about the price match at Wiggle. Never seen any mention of it on the site..........let me into the secret please. How do you go about it etc?

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
I feel I must describe a 'situation' I had with Wiggle just before Christmas. I ordered a waterproof jacket. When it arrived they had sent me the wrong size (picking error in the warehouse) so I had to send it back. Unfortunately the replacement wasn't going to then make it in time for Christmas; but not the end of the world. When Wiggle received the jacket back instead of just sending me the size I ordered, they refunded my order and placed a new order.This order then sat unprocessed for more than 1 week. At the time they had 10+ in stock. I watched each day as this number decreased and finally went to zero stock. I emailed them and they just said sorry about the delay. Then it turns out that they don't have any stock and the item is discontinued. Strange as you would think that stock would have been allocated when the order was created? Anyway nearly 3 weeks after my initial order had been placed my order couldn't be fulfilled. I emailed them to tell them how crap this was and I got a one line standard 'sorry' reply. I then emailed again to ask for the email to be passed to a senior member of staff, and they said it would - but I never heard back from them. Good work Wiggle.

robgul

Legendary Member
I feel I must describe a 'situation' I had with Wiggle just before Christmas. I ordered a waterproof jacket. When it arrived they had sent me the wrong size (picking error in the warehouse) so I had to send it back. Unfortunately the replacement wasn't going to then make it in time for Christmas; but not the end of the world. When Wiggle received the jacket back instead of just sending me the size I ordered, they refunded my order and placed a new order.This order then sat unprocessed for more than 1 week. At the time they had 10+ in stock. I watched each day as this number decreased and finally went to zero stock. I emailed them and they just said sorry about the delay. Then it turns out that they don't have any stock and the item is discontinued. Strange as you would think that stock would have been allocated when the order was created? Anyway nearly 3 weeks after my initial order had been placed my order couldn't be fulfilled. I emailed them to tell them how crap this was and I got a one line standard 'sorry' reply. I then emailed again to ask for the email to be passed to a senior member of staff, and they said it would - but I never heard back from them. Good work Wiggle.

The "cancel and re-order - sorry we have no stock - it's discontinued" is frequently a ruse to either avoid selling at the original price, to up the price for future orders., or just as a come-on. Wiggle and another shop in the west country are good at it. (Recent example : Brooks B17 ... £45 ... but, "sorry no stock" ... street price seems to be about £55 - 65)

... my votes go to CRC and Rose in Germany (even with delivery cost they are good, 3 day delivery) for supplies.

Rob

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
On the one occasion I tried to order something from Wiggle (a top that I couldn't find anywhere else) a technical gremlin prevented me from adding it to my "shopping basket".

I contacted them through "live chat" and when the glitch couldn't be resolved asked if I could order by phone: "no" was their reply, "because of the Data Protection Act."

<face/palm>

172traindriver

Legendary Member
It is weird how stories such as these start to emerge on forums such as this one. Gives you something to think about.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
It is weird how stories such as these start to emerge on forums such as this one. Gives you something to think about.
not sure exactly what you mean by that? I certainly think that someone who perhaps places 5-10 orders per year with a big online retailer could have no problems and think it is always like that - it is not until you consider many transactions that you realise most retailers stuff-up quite a bit and some really don't give a shoot about their customers when things go wrong.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
That is my point tundragumski, it is if you happens to be the ONE that suffers at the hands of the big retailer, the majority ot people never have a problem, but if it is you who receives the shoddy treatment you are going to feel angry. What I am trying to say is that until these stories emerge you don't realise how many people get treated badly.
A forum such as this highlights what really goes on.

The worst thing about wiggle is that they use city link. They refuse to follow delivery instructions and then take the package to a depot half an hour away.

And year, theyve not won out on my research on price with all my recent purchases

I didnt actually realise this until my most recent delivery was accompanied by a ShittyLink text message, incorrectly followed instructions and a completly destroyed box upon eventual delivery - luckily it was a sturdy Krptonite lock otherwise it may have been damaged if was more fragile.

I let Wiggle know all of that, and that my next order if above the weight limit for Royal Mail delivery, won't be placed as I won't knowingly use ShittyLink ever. They didnt seem bothered.

Crap servcie, won't use again if I can help it.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
thye also advertize stuff they dont have in stock...I recently bought overshoes from them in th esize they advertized in stock...but then once they took my money they said the stock would not be in for over a month. So I cancelled and bought elsewhere and had them in two days.

I think they are jus tto used to being 'top dog' in the on line cycle trade...they have lost interest in anything except their own balance sheet...

BYE BYE wiggle.

yello

I still look at Wiggle, and buy the odd bit from them, but the bulk of my orders go elsewhere these days, predominantly bike24 in Germany.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I still look at Wiggle, and buy the odd bit from them, but the bulk of my orders go elsewhere these days, predominantly bike24 in Germany.

Bike24 seem to crop up when googling, not been sure in the past, would you recommend? No hassle with them?

siadwell

Guru
Surprising as it may seem I picked an Assos airjack up from Evans last year for an absolute bargain price, so don't dismiss them and they do the price match and free delivery.

I do in fact buy a lot of stuff from Evans (including my road bike that they price matched to almost half price), because my wife works near an Evans branch so it should be easy to return stuff, especially clothing that doesn't fit. I say "should be" because the last couple of times she's been in there to return something there's been much sucking of teeth and muttering from the staff (plus she said the place stank of stale sweat!) so she's unlikely to want to go in there again.

To be honest, the free delivery on everything from Evans, Wiggle and CRC make life so much easier, and Wiggle and CRC both offer free returns through Collect+. I looked at Ribble and can't be arsed with their "this is the price if you spend more than £30" approach, and postage charges with some of the others soon swallow up savings on a small order.

Top Bottom