Wiggle / Hermes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Which one of the offered did I chose?

1. A Wiggle voucher, to the value of the order which can be redeemed on site. The voucher code will be issued to you typically within 24 hours.

2. A replacement of the order which will be dispatched via our priority processing service.

3. A refund which can take up to 7 working days to receive.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hopefully 3.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Last thing I ordered from Wiggle was a new cassette, chain and brake pads.
Note stuck through the front door saying the parcel had been left "in a secure location"..... i.e. The Green recycling bin.

Trouble was this was on the Thursday, just before the binmen turned up - best part of £100 quids worth of kit consigned to the recycling (or pocketed by some lucky sod, somewhere up the recycling chain).

To be fair to Wiggle, they didnt argue, and I got the replacement a day or two later.

si_c

Guru

1. A Wiggle voucher, to the value of the order which can be redeemed on site. The voucher code will be issued to you typically within 24 hours.

2. A replacement of the order which will be dispatched via our priority processing service.

I'd have gone with option 2, I'd say that was a fair resolution to the failed delivery. Of course binning off Hermes would be better, but as usual they'll weigh the cost of replacement product and delivery vs the cost of a more expensive delivery service, so perhaps that's too much to hope for.

DRM

Guru
Hermes is down to the specific courier; my local one's great. But if she's away it turns into a disaster.
Same here, our Hermès courier is great, I ordered some spd pedals a couple of weeks back from Wiggle on standard delivery on Sunday evening, they were on my bike by Wednesday

I've seen Hermes statue and he got short changed himself.

220px-Hermes_Ingenui_Pio-Clementino_Inv544.jpg

Domus

Guru
Spoke to the guy on the Schwalbe stand at the bike show last Friday about moving up from 25 to 28 DDs for the winter bike, while on the train home I ordered a pair from Wiggle. Monday morning I got a text from Hermes with the couriers name and photo to say delivery would be between 12.30 and 1.30. 12.45 knock at the door, 1.30 two new tyres fitted. Brilliant service. :okay:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'd have gone with option 2, I'd say that was a fair resolution to the failed delivery. Of course binning off Hermes would be better, but as usual they'll weigh the cost of replacement product and delivery vs the cost of a more expensive delivery service, so perhaps that's too much to hope for.

No chance. It wasn't a failed delivery at all. It was a fraud committed by the Hermes driver.
Ok not Wiggles fault, but, they did drag their heels and with the information I supplied them they made me feel as I was the one to blame.
Number 3 it was :okay:

anothersam

SMIDSMe

Wish I’d chosen #3.

Two weeks ago I ordered brake cable which vanished somewhere between Wiggle and me. Hermes said it had been delivered and signed for. Wiggle/Hermes took their time “investigating”, and finally agreed that I hadn’t gotten it. I discovered on my own that our local delivery guy had been hit by a car(!) a few days prior, when other people on Facebook reported the same problem - signature but no delivery. I have no idea if they had a replacement who simply wasn’t up to the (admittedly crap) job, or Hermes just wrote our area off and tossed everything into the tip that day.

Wiggle then gave me the three options. I foolishly still wanted the cable. At one point during our communications I told them please don't use Hermes, but either that plea was lost in the shuffle, or they had no choice. Got an email y'day from Hermes and of course my heart sank. Was informed today that they had attempted delivery. As I'm one of those people paying attention to the STAY AT HOME messaging (except for food and, of course, bike rides), I am fully expecting two more less-than-earnest attempts, then nothing, then another investigation, so I can finally ask for a refund.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
No chance. It wasn't a failed delivery at all. It was a fraud committed by the Hermes driver.
Ok not Wiggles fault, but, they did drag their heels and with the information I supplied them they made me feel as I was the one to blame.
Number 3 it was :okay:
I had a similar thing when ordering some electronic components from Farnell. The UPS website told me the package had been delivered to a delivery and collection point at a mini-market 300 yards from home. I know the owner of the shop and he said there had been no UPS deliveries that day. UPS gave me the usual monolithic corporate bollocks, procedures etc. It went on for three days before somebody in The System realised that the UPS driver was just a lying toad. I've never used Farnell since, which is a shame because they are an excellent electronics distributor. Life's too short to put up with stuff like that when there are perfectly good alternatives.
At UPS, there really is nobody to speak to who isn't an initiative-free corporate robot.

Kryton521

Über Member
Hermes operates Zero hour, plus the delivery driver has to pay them for the Epod and the pleasure of working for them. No work today? They still have to pay but go unpaid.
Wiggle should drop them like a very stinky thing, that they are for sure

Globalti

Legendary Member
Spesh shop in Chester sent me a replacement rear wheel last week. No sign of it so this morning I phoned. Sales guy tells me it went by post on Monday. Then rings me back with the news that it didn't get scanned in. So he's sending me another wheel. I could have told him not to use the post.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I keep hearing peoples horror stories about Hermes and other carriers but in all honesty I have only ever had problems with 1 company and that was called Coppers carriers. A dreadful company and I am not sure if they are still in business or not. Hermes, DPD, and all others round here and the post office are fantastic. I have never had a parcel stolen or lost or damaged accept for Coopers carriers.

Sympathy to everyone that has problems. :sad:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Back in the early 70s my Dad's friend who was an architect, got the job of designing a new modern sorting office in Stevenage. Part of the brief was that there had to be an observation gallery with mirror glass above the sorting floor because theft from the post was such a big problem.

Plus ça change.

Top Bottom