Wiggle Scam - not a scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markemark

Über Member
Not sure of the specifics, but I'm pretty sure that there is a legal requirement to keep customer details for 6 or 7 years, since their last transaction.

Providing online access to historical data for the customer may not be part of the requirement, but the data should still be held by the company.

All in all, not a very good customer service.

Are there any wiggle employees here on CycleChat? Perhaps you can feedback to wiggle management all the concerns we have.

If it's a genuine set of emails, I would expect a free packet of Haribos to be sent to all customers as compensation for all the grief we are having.

If I don't get a packet, I can only assume that it has all been a scam.

Kinda. No need to keep customer details just details of the transaction. The processing of the transaction and the items sold would be sufficient. Nobody has your details when you buy a Mars bar for cash or card and online transactions are not treated differently.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Kinda. No need to keep customer details just details of the transaction. The processing of the transaction and the items sold would be sufficient. Nobody has your details when you buy a Mars bar for cash or card and online transactions are not treated differently.

If they are done by credit card there are all kinds of regulations. But this is not the customer's order history (what they bought) just how much they paid.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And now we know what the promised upgrade was.

Wiggle have given their website a bit of a facelift. Lots of people complaining about it, but apart from superficial branding it seem to still work ok.

And now we know what the promised upgrade was.

Wiggle have given their website a bit of a facelift. Lots of people complaining about it, but apart from superficial branding it seem to still work ok.
For me it’s clunky and a backwards step. You can’t filter down to the required level for basic things such as “in stock only” or by tyre size. I’d now rather go to probikekit or sigma sport or condor cycles as it’s so much easier. Should have just rebranded but kept everything else the same in my opinion.

Top Bottom