Wiggle Scam - not a scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
received an email pretending to be from Wiggle. Could have been genuine but very suspicious.
Said, due to a scheduled audit on the 24th April, my order history will no longer be available.

Yeah, I reckoned a system upgrade might lose data. But as I recall the original email said audit, which is not the same thing. We try very hard not to lose data when we upgrade our software but sometimes porting ancient data over is too expensive. So obviously, if it's a software upgrade and the link is kosher, it's not a scam.
The e-mail said "system upgrade". The OP (Sharky) introduced "audit".
Quote from e-mail (shared earlier):
"ORDER HISTORY ACCESS
"A scheduled system update to the Wiggle website will begin from 24 April."

ExBrit

Über Member
"ORDER HISTORY ACCESS
"A scheduled system update to the Wiggle website will begin from 24 April."

Funny thing is I've ordered two items from Wiggle in the past year and didn't get an email. Maybe it's because they won't be losing my order history as it's all quite recent.

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Sorry, it was upgrade, not audit. Just grey moment, in the time between reading the email and posting here.

It does seem that it is a genuine email, but not too bothered about history, so just deleted it.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
its genuine, jus have my code through and could save or print off / print to PDF my order history.

I havent died.

perhaps the OP might like to update the thread title to "not scam"

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Am I the only one that keeps all the order confirmation emails and so has no need of the online order history?

CRC have been putting details of the upgrade on their printed dispatch noted sent with the order for the past few months, but I've opted out of their marketing emails so not had the email notificaion. I've not ordered from Wiggle for a while, but get the marketing emails so had the upgrade email on Monday.

Am I the only one that keeps all the order confirmation emails and so has no need of the online order history?

CRC have been putting details of the upgrade on their printed dispatch noted sent with the order for the past few months, but I've opted out of their marketing emails so not had the email notificaion. I've not ordered from Wiggle for a while, but get the marketing emails so had the upgrade email on Monday.

I find it easier having it all in the one place. I've noticed that some times retailers will change the format of the confirmation mails so the search function doesn't work 100%.

The download order history link came today and it seems genuine; it didn't ask for any personal data anyway. And its a print or copy rather than a file download so touchwood there's no virus hidden.

Edit: I forgot to say it confirms how much I used Wiggle in the past but over the last 2 years I've only ordered 4 items. I ordered a bike from them further back so I wanted the order number just in case. Lol, I wonder if I could make a claim for cosmetic damage. I kept the bike in relatively good condition for a gravel bike but in the freeze I took it too work and it fell out of the vertical bike racks. I thought I'd caught it in time but I've ended up with some gouges to the headtube paint (fortunately it just seems to be the paint and not the actual head tube).

Last edited:
Well that's interesting, whilst I was typing the post above, I just got this:
View attachment 686053
My OneDrive went unused for years up until last December when I put a few files on it, and they don't appear to be frozen either, so it doesn't look like a genuine email. I'll make sure I don't use it in future just in case it is genuine, a months notice wouldn't have been enough if I'd been away touring.

I can't remember when I turned of the sync on my old Laptop (it was just another thing slowing it down and the buy more storage prompts were annoying anyway). Whilst I did get a new Laptop a few weeks back and it was reuploading to OneDrive, it probably laid dormant for several years and I never once got an email like that (unless it went straight to the junk/spam mail folder). If you can still log in separately to that email and access your files its almost certainly not genuine.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
its genuine, jus have my code through and could save or print off / print to PDF my order history.

I havent died.

perhaps the OP might like to update the thread title to "not scam"

there are over 100 items on my wiggle list (dates back to jan 2016), some are "filler items" like quick links and puncture patches to get to free deliver spend. Luckily it doesnt have prices on there... :ohmy:

presta

Guru
I can't remember when I turned of the sync on my old Laptop (it was just another thing slowing it down and the buy more storage prompts were annoying anyway). Whilst I did get a new Laptop a few weeks back and it was reuploading to OneDrive, it probably laid dormant for several years and I never once got an email like that (unless it went straight to the junk/spam mail folder). If you can still log in separately to that email and access your files its almost certainly not genuine.

That Hotmail account has been virtually spam-free for 20 years, until I suddenly started getting inundated with it 2-3 weeks ago, so it didn't seem very likely it would be genuine. I wonder what the link is designed to do.

Top Bottom