Wiggle Scam - not a scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Got the original then one today saying I had asked to download history (I haven't) and asking me to put in my email address (that they have just sent to). If it's not a scam it's pretty good attempt of making it look like one. Have my order history in saved emails anyway.

D

Deleted member 1258

Got the original then one today saying I had asked to download history (I haven't) and asking me to put in my email address (that they have just sent to). If it's not a scam it's pretty good attempt of making it look like one. Have my order history in saved emails anyway.

I've had the E-Mail telling me I had asked to download history, arrived this afternoon, I deleted it, its looking more and more like a scam.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Same here. I had assumed that the Wiggle and CRC originals were legit but then they are asking me to click a link on a mail that I didn’t request, despite them saying I did. I still think it’s legit but badly implemented.

D

Deleted member 1258

I’ve just received emails from both saying there not scams.

I'm highly suspicious of these, as soon as they appear I'm just deleting them, I'm wondering if they've been hacked.

pawl

Legendary Member
I'm highly suspicious of these, as soon as they appear I'm just deleting them, I'm wondering if they've been hacked.

I haven’t opened them just in case.I know you can on both sites look up previous purchases.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Their comms people have made a bit of a balls-up of this.

Like most people I was suspicious of the first email, even though it passed basic checks. They have obviously had their heads in the sand and do not know what a phishing email looks like, and have underestimated people's awareness of phishing emails. Otherwise they wouldn't have sent out something so obviously dodgy looking.

Anyway, if you get an email from a company with whom you have an account, even if you are expecting the email, don't click the links in the email. Sign on to your account separately and do whatever is needed from there. If you get into this habit you're less likely to accidentally click a link in a phishing email. The exception to this is password reset links, which have to come via email. But you're expecting those.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Another one from them this morning apologising for saying I had requested my download history. I’m sure it’s genuine and they have just made a total bodge of whatever they are trying to update on their system.

In a previous job, the business I worked for had a request to update the database for a customer, usually this is as simple as archiving the old database, and importing only the current data and eliminating very old data, but this one customer wanted to keep everything, it took weeks of work, manually copying and pasting data between different databases as we had no way to automate the process, most customers only had less than a 100 entries in the database, this one had tens of thousands 😩 and most of it was decades old and not relevant to the current user base. (just for info, the data was parking permits for a car park somewhere in Bristol, it had 70 spaces..)..

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Not sure of the specifics, but I'm pretty sure that there is a legal requirement to keep customer details for 6 or 7 years, since their last transaction.

Providing online access to historical data for the customer may not be part of the requirement, but the data should still be held by the company.

All in all, not a very good customer service.

Are there any wiggle employees here on CycleChat? Perhaps you can feedback to wiggle management all the concerns we have.

If it's a genuine set of emails, I would expect a free packet of Haribos to be sent to all customers as compensation for all the grief we are having.

If I don't get a packet, I can only assume that it has all been a scam.

Top Bottom