Wiggle Scam - not a scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Currently one can review the detail of your Wiggle orders (my 'first page' went back to Sep 19) - I have noted dates and costs of the more expensive items.
It can be useful to know how much one paid for stuff (some still awaiting use, some past end of life and itself replaced). Or as @Mo1959 shares, many won't care or don't wish to see (motivations vary).
Wiggle are mitigating the risk of customers complaining when this purchase history is started afresh and also one might want to download order information/number for making returns and warranty claims easier.
@ExBrit - an "audit" is not promised, it's a "system update" - I'm sure even government entities do thoise, though always seemlessly and with no disruption :rolleyes:- while the data may be kept by Wiggle what they warn is that that history will not be available on the account a customer logs into.
As for 'scam' - if I buy something from Wiggle I 'log in' before purchase: this e-mail is suggesting no different. The message provided direct links but I guess it's a balance whether a firm keeps the message link-less and minimises recipients' scam/spam misidentification versus making it easy for customers to look at their order history (I confess I didn't know such a tab existed on @My Account'.

ORDER HISTORY ACCESS
A scheduled system update to the Wiggle website will begin from 24 April.
After this, your current order history will not be viewable in My Account, so you might want to download your order information for making returns and warranty claims.
You can take a copy of your order history now by logging in to your account and saving locally.

Last edited:
Currently one can review the detail of your Wiggle orders (my 'first page' went back to Sep 19) - I have noted dates and costs of the more expensive items.
It can be useful to know how much one paid for stuff (some still awaiting use, some past end of life and itself replaced). Or as @Mo1959 shares, many won't care or don't wish to see (motivations vary).
Wiggle are mitigating the risk of customers complaining when this purchase history is started afresh and also one might want to download order information/number for making returns and warranty claims easier.
@ExBrit - an "audit" is not promised, it's a "system update" - I'm sure even government entities do thoise, though always seemlessly and with no disruption :rolleyes:- while the data may be kept by Wiggle what they warn is that that history will not be available on the account a customer logs into.
As for 'scam' - if I buy something from Wiggle I 'log in' before purchase: this e-mail is suggesting no different. The message provided direct links but I guess it's a balance whether a firm keeps the message link-less and minimises recipients' scam/spam misidentification versus making it easy for customers to look at their order history (I confess I didn't know such a tab existed on @My Account'.

ORDER HISTORY ACCESS
A scheduled system update to the Wiggle website will begin from 24 April.
After this, your current order history will not be viewable in My Account, so you might want to download your order information for making returns and warranty claims.
You can take a copy of your order history now by logging in to your account and saving locally.

I can't see how to save my order history ? I must admit I find it very useful (what is that jacket I have and what temperatures do they say it's for - what disc pads did I buy last time - how long have these tyres been on etc etc etc)

Not had the email about it yet from Wiggle either.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Since I've started buiding my own bikes, I've kept a spreadsheet of the components for each bike, where purchased, order number, price paid, etc

I use Strava to tell me date of installation and how many miles etc.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
yes I find it useful to look back at what I ordered from time to time. I clicked the bit that promised to send me a link to download my orders.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I can't see how to save my order history ? I must admit I find it very useful (what is that jacket I have and what temperatures do they say it's for - what disc pads did I buy last time - how long have these tyres been on etc etc etc)

Not had the email about it yet from Wiggle either.
Try this link:
Your current order history is viewable in My Account, (till 23 Apr) but not after that!!
For all your orders going back to whenever, click on 'View all orders'.
I empathise with taking a sceptical approach to all e-mails (see Boldon and presta) but recommend staying the sensible side of paranoid, taking mitigating measures (don't click links, eg: navigate to the login 'normally').

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Just received an email pretending to be from Wiggle. Could have been genuine but very suspicious.

Said, due to a scheduled audit on the 24th April, my order history will no longer be available. Should I want to retain my history, just had to click on their link to down history!

Of course, I just deleted the email. Did anybody get similar?

Yes, just got one this morning. Didn’t click link.

presta

Guru
Just received an email pretending to be from Wiggle. Could have been genuine but very suspicious.

Said, due to a scheduled audit on the 24th April, my order history will no longer be available. Should I want to retain my history, just had to click on their link to down history!

Of course, I just deleted the email. Did anybody get similar?
If it were genuine I'd expect to be able to log in as usual without the email link, and find an option to save the history that way.

I must admit I find it very useful (what is that jacket I have and what temperatures do they say it's for - what disc pads did I buy last time - how long have these tyres been on etc etc etc)
I quite enjoy browsing mine. Crumbs, is my new radio really 5 years old already....
1681821266425.png

presta

Guru
Well that's interesting, whilst I was typing the post above, I just got this:
1681821895554.png

My OneDrive went unused for years up until last December when I put a few files on it, and they don't appear to be frozen either, so it doesn't look like a genuine email. I'll make sure I don't use it in future just in case it is genuine, a months notice wouldn't have been enough if I'd been away touring.

ExBrit

Über Member
an "audit" is not promised, it's a "system update" -

Yeah, I reckoned a system upgrade might lose data. But as I recall the original email said audit, which is not the same thing. We try very hard not to lose data when we upgrade our software but sometimes porting ancient data over is too expensive. So obviously, if it's a software upgrade and the link is kosher, it's not a scam.

Slick

Guru
They must have been saving the best to last, as I just got mine. Deleted the same way of its predecessors, genuine or not. :becool:

Top Bottom