Wiggle High 5 to probably fold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning,

Something that may be worrying is that Honda are already a sponsor of Wiggle High 5 so they must understand what benefits they would get if they took it on and they are not doing so.

Honda have an F1 engine program that is gobbling money and making them look bad and they wouldn't even notice the cost of running this team, at worst it wouldn't make them look good to too many people.

Added to this is the impression that the Ovo Energy Tour series seemed to have smaller audiences than I remember, I wonder if pro cycling had its boom period and is heading back towards the smaller number of more traditional fans?

The men's team One Pro Cycling set up by ex cricketer Matt Prior has set itself up as a team not dependent upon him as the name to run it, but is currently a Continental rather than a Pro Continental team as it lacks the necessary funds.

The really atypical think about OPC is that it doesn't offer naming rights, the team is OPC regardless of the main sponsor, this is deliberate and was intended to duplicate a county cricket club, where people are supporters of say Worcester not Blackfinch Worcester. The problem with this is a massively reduced exposure for the sponsor.

I know that Aston Martin branded some Storck bikes for One Pro cycling, but that just looks wrong.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I feel obliged to point out the obvious before someone else does

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/44924224

In this case the obvious is not quite as obvious as might first appear.

Ms Gilmore mentions in the vid about now having the time to start a relationship.

By doing so, she has put her attractiveness and her desire to find a partner into the public arena.

This puts her in a slightly different position to the female athlete who is sexualised purely on how she looks.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
In this case the obvious is not quite as obvious as might first appear.

Ms Gilmore mentions in the vid about now having the time to start a relationship.

By doing so, she has put her attractiveness and her desire to find a partner into the public arena.

This puts her in a slightly different position to the female athlete who is sexualised purely on how she looks.
I know right, attractive women having their photos taken and things, they're obviously gagging for it, it's the only explanation. I think you've found the truth, the only reason for the team was to help Gilmore, it was all an elaborate ruse for her to achieve what she's secretly always wanted and lets be honest needed, a man.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Another tweet indicating the enormity of what she's done and hinting at further things

This kind of suggests that she will be starting again and has a plan and that maybe, just maybe it was not her willful decision to kill off Wiggle High 5.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

The SHEcret has a view on the video

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/08/the-shecret-pro-van-vleutens-super-july-and-that-wiggle-high5-video/

Ok, so straight up: I don’t buy that angle at all. What Rochelle rightly won’t mention was that there was a lot of drama surrounding the team (again) this year. If she wanted to take a step back, why not look for someone else to add to her 14 full time staff members (for 17 riders?!) I think there’s a lot more to it than simply “I want to live a normal life”. Maybe jump in one of the team’s 26 cars and enjoy a holiday somewhere?

Many/most/all of us thought her decisions around the video were odd to say the least. Maybe a team shirt back at HQ with a more serious tone? But that dress choice, while shooting the video on her “favourite island of Majorca”, while saying it was all too much to manage? It created a juxtaposition that was frankly mind-boggling. But that’s Rochelle to a ‘T’, so good luck to her.

Top Bottom