Wiggle this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Okeydokey

Tale of forlorn consumer but this can't be true?

Ordered a turbo trainer from the aforementioned, look how bad it can get! The product stickers are plastered over the inside packaging, well we can deal with that but is this Italian engineering at its best? There is tolerance and tolerance :smile:

Attachments

• shoot turbo.jpg
    shoot turbo.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 111
  • crap2.jpg
    crap2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 94

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd be very surprised if that's new, not a return?!

And what's with that rug :ohmy:

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

As an addendum, the Wiggle after sales service is very polite but also poor. Buggered really, the LBS is pretty awful as well, would be happy to spend the extra penny if there was any value added.

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

Complaints 'manager', responds after three days of comical tom foolery on their part in relation to the collection of this rubbish. No comment as to the state of the product btw!

'As stated within the Liability section of the Wiggle Terms and Conditions:
"We shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages or expenses...

Easily the most appalling on-line buying I have yet experienced. Off to TrustPilot to start! One good thing though is I asked after every one of the engagements for a transcript of the conversation, there are about nine pages of dialogue!

Drago

Legendary Member
Wiggle can write what they want in their T and C's but that doesn't negate your statutory rights. Depending on the circumstances they may well be liable for consequential losses and expenses, and slapping weasel words in the small print doesn't change that.

Wiggle got funny with me over a bike that wasnt as described, so I told them to take it away, don't want it. It took them all of three seconds to realise that the cost of collecting and restocking the bike would massively outweigh the cost of sending me the correct components. Fortunately I'd paid on my credit card and a quick phone call would have had me refunded and them out of pocket.

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

Can't believe they lied on TrustPilot, whilst they told a version of the story and human error in the warehouse was responsible, games not over, solicitors this afternoon. Quite right about the T&C's, already made some progress there.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am confused - wiggle has a great returns policy 1 - year to return. What is actually wrong with the product, is it just packaging, did it arrive broken or is it broken now?

Why are your trying to claim for 'incidental or consequential damages or expenses'? Surely you are just returning a product, you are not claiming for a new rug?

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

The product was already returned to their warehouse by someone else, before being shipped to me, human error apparently. They said they had booked delivery to me on three separate occasions and I had waited at home instead of going to work for three days. If that's not a consequential damage I'll eat that priceless curry rug!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The product was already returned to their warehouse by someone else, before being shipped to me, human error apparently. They said they had booked delivery to me on three separate occasions and I had waited at home instead of going to work for three days. If that's not a consequential damage I'll eat that priceless curry rug!

Just so we are clear, you ordered goods, they arrived with damaged packaging, you sent the item back and they refunded you?

They said they had booked delivery to me on three separate occasions and I had waited at home instead of going to work for three days. If that's not a consequential damage I'll eat that priceless curry rug!
So you want money from them to pay for 3 (or at least 2) days lost income? That seems completely separate from the quality of the item you have now returned.

Or - I don't get it - what are you saying?

PS I like the rug.

Top Bottom