Wiggle this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

I think that as a consequence of their very poor service/performance I suffered a loss, 3 days holiday used up waiting at home. Now curiously the liability exclusion in their terms and conditions relates to the sale of a product, my gripe is the way they handled the collection. If someone says you need to stay in, so that they come around your house for a collection, and you stay in. If they don't turn up, is that fair? The quality of item is at the heart of the problem, I just wanted a turbo trainer, but it cost me three days holiday and I still have not got a trainer or my money back.

vickster

Legendary Member
Small claims court if you're that disgruntled or claim through CC company to get money back

Why couldn't you get it collected from your workplace to save taking time off?

Last edited:

richie244

I assumed the damaged goods had spilt oil or something on your rug but apparently not.

They don't seem to be treating you different to how any other company would, better than some in fact. The delivery gives you the option to have it delivered where you like. this could be home, work, a neighbour, relative/ friend, a "safe place" if you accept liability for its security anywhere you chose. Had this been a large item or one that needs installing (white goods for example) this could be different.

It was your choice to take time off work as they provide alternatives. The fact that they have given a refund or replacement, they have fulfilled their obligations to you. I don't think you have a leg to stand on sorry.

richie244

I'd agree with you, if the OP had taken one day off work to await the collection of the item. But if it took Wiggle (or their agents) three goes to pick it up (i.e. they failed to turn up twice) then that is not reasonable. I think there are grounds to suggest compensation is appropriate.

And not everyone can take things to work with them and have them collected from there.

Agreed 3 days seems excessive, is the problem with Wiggle or the delivery company in that case? The fact Wiggle provide alternatives as well as having it delivered to work, (listed above) which also includes it being delivered to a collect+ store or Doddle delivery where is is delivered to another store and held for 5 days to be collected. Both of these would be free. Alternatively the Next day delivery service at £3.99 could have had it delivered on a Saturday (assuming the OP gets Saturdays off).

All I am sugesting is that giving the multiple delivery options provided by Wiggle was there a "requirement" to take 3 days off work? Im guessing any court will throw this out.

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

@richie244 it was a collection not a delivery. I don't have a printer so dropping it off at my local Spar which is some distance away was also not really an option. That said it does clearly state on their web site '1 year to return, and it free'. Perhaps I should count my blessings?

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

I didn't intend to take three days off, I only intended, with the best will in the world, to take one day off, no problem. Fail, but then they said they would arrange collection for tomorrow, so I'm thinking ok! I will wait... then nothing again... so now I'm getting a bit hot and bothered and say you need to come and collect this! They say no problem... and give the delivery company the wrong address... so I chase them and the delivery company to change the address.... I'm begging them not to cancel the collection that day, send the driver anyway, I will flag him down and try and explain. See it may not be as simple as me sitting at home twiddling my thumbs.

richie244

I didn't intend to take three days off, I only intended, with the best will in the world, to take one day off, no problem. Fail, but then they said they would arrange collection for tomorrow, so I'm thinking ok! I will wait... then nothing again... so now I'm getting a bit hot and bothered and say you need to come and collect this! They say no problem... and give the delivery company the wrong address... so I chase them and the delivery company to change the address.... I'm begging them not to cancel the collection that day, send the driver anyway, I will flag him down and try and explain. See it may not be as simple as me sitting at home twiddling my thumbs.

I feel your pain and think very few of us have not been in a similar situation with a delivery company or installation, waiting all day for them not to show (A tantric delivery, you wait with anticipation and they never arrive) . I think you may have unfortunately fallen foul of one of my many failures and thats impatience.

Im not trying to belittle your frustration and apologise if it came across that way. I was honestly trying to offer a "devils advocate" voice to a potential costly trip to a solicitor as I really don't think you have a case given the alternatives available and 1 year to use them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom