Wiggle tyres supply issues?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
On a lovely little ride and my tyre gave up the ghost. Thankfully I wasn't going fast etc...
But what did shock me today was when looking at tyres on Wiggle there isn't much stock... even less choice when you look at tubes.

Are they all made in China or something and there is supply problems?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am amazed that you are amazed. 😊

Seeing as cycling has gone through the roof and most cycling stuff comes from China, which has been closed down for weeks. It was to be expected.

D

Deleted member 26715

I had a mare of a job getting a pair of Schwalbe Smart Sam's took 3 attempts to get them, still waiting for a refund from Rose Bikes, I'd be making lots of noise to them if the times were any different. But fairness to Wiggle they did say they had 1 pair in stock & got them to me in 2 days,

Tom B

Guru
According to a wholesaler I know demand has risen massively (ok not news) they're shifting more stock than ever. There are some availability issues often with some uk repackagers not being able to repack fast enough to cope withndemand. however this is exasperated for the likes of CRC wiggle and the big resellers due to the grey import market route they use.

If you are struggling for schwalbe tyres, let me know what you want and I can ask. More than happy to send on at cost + p&p

Levo-Lon

Guru
There's a lot of stock shortages, especially bikes.
People are buying them all up due to lockdown, Halfords in particular are very low apparently.. CRC too

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
According to a wholesaler I know demand has risen massively (ok not news) they're shifting more stock than ever. There are some availability issues often with some uk repackagers not being able to repack fast enough to cope withndemand. however this is exasperated for the likes of CRC wiggle and the big resellers due to the grey import market route they use.

If you are struggling for schwalbe tyres, let me know what you want and I can ask. More than happy to send on at cost + p&p

Cheers Tom. Got myself a set of GP 5000's in the end but thanks for the offer :okay:

Top Bottom