Wiggo Is Dead!! :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Wiggo has a bad air day.

I'm not even going to groan at that one mister! :laugh:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
He was acting out of character and being lethargic, also he was sat on the bottom constantly gasping for air (when all other fish were ok), and later started to sit at a 45 degree angle (quarter of the way to belly up) with Lilo now trying to get him to move.... in other words, after 5 years you just know something is up.

I changed the water that night (admittedly it was due a change anyway) in the hope it would help, waiting until the morning before doing anything else, but no. Lilo and the other fish, a Plec (actually a Loach) named.... wait for it..... Plectrum, and also the Minnows ('Plectrum And The Minnows', it sounds like a band or something) were all ok, so it clearly was just Wiggo who was having problems.

By the morning he was sat on his side barely breathing and finally died at 1ish. Quite what I could have done other than got him into a bucket and used the clove oil to kill him humanely*, I don't know.

* - It acts as an anasthetic, and when overdosed, its like when a dog or similar is put down. Apparently its the least stressful way to euthanise a fish if you really need too.

It's "waste not want not " in the MDB household.

bld085859.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You know, if it was just about any other kind of pet, I doubt I'd be getting all these comments.
You're right MDB. I apologise for not treating Wiggo's demise with the scale of gravity it deserves.
I'm sorry for your loss.:sad:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Acht, its ok, its just the attitude that Goldfish are somehow these jokey wee animals that don't really matter to anything much. As I said earlier, Goldfish are probably the most used, abused and neglected animals on the planet. I just try(ed) to look after mine and give them the recognition they deserve, that's all.

Besides, 'Scale of gravity'.... groan!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Acht, its ok, its just the attitude that Goldfish are somehow these jokey wee animals that don't really matter to anything much. As I said earlier, Goldfish are probably the most used, abused and neglected animals on the planet. I just try(ed) to look after mine and give them the recognition they deserve, that's all.

Besides, 'Scale of gravity'.... groan!
You must get fed up to the gills with it all.

Top Bottom