Wiggo is going to ride the Tour if Britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Silly question but wondering if you go to see a stage youll only see the riders go past once, theres no loops or repeats like the olympic road race?
There's a (fairly long) loop on the last day - they go through Guildford once and then finish there.

perplexed

Guru
I'm going to try to get to the stage near Nottingham somewhere.:becool:

swansonj

Guru
There's a (fairly long) loop on the last day - they go through Guildford once and then finish there.
Yes, but arranged so it's only the few miles into Guildford itself and a couple of miles at Gomshall that they traverse twice - so limited advantage from the spectating viewpoint.
When the site eventually played ball with me, I discovered that their loop round Guildford takes them down, not up, Whitedown Hill. Wimps ;) . But that could be fun to watch with a bunched peleton at speed.

montage

God Almighty
Frustratingly, the route seems to always go right past my university.....2 weeks before we all go back.
Guilford finish it is

Paul_L

Über Member
What time do the roads close in advance does anyone know to cycle on? Fancy driving down on monday to the Peak District and then cycling up above Warslow to catch the route on the climbs.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Don't know if it's our 'broadband' (which is actually akin to early 90s dial-up) or not but that's the slowest loading site in the history of the universe.
I gave up on that one 3BM and my broadband is faster than Teef to the bar to buy the first round.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/532592/tour-of-britain-2012-route-revealed.html

Keenbfb

I'm planing on popping over to watch stage 4 as this is the first time I've ever gone to watch a race I'd like to ask am I best going to watch the start in Carlisle or should I get myself away from the city and plonk myself on the side of the road somewhere on the route such as a sprint or a mountain stage finish. I'd ideally like to take the camera along and take a few shot's of Wiggo going past.

I'd ideally like to take the camera along and take a few shot's of Wiggo going past.

From my experience sat by the side of the road you will need

A) to remain awake
B) to have the multishot setting on your camera set to the fastest frame speed it will do

Top Bottom