Wiggo is going to ride the Tour if Britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Yes david it is on Monday, luckily I don't work Mondays. It's also free admission to the safari park, happy days!
true, i do work mondays :sad:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Gems and myself are following the whole tour we have booked a weeks holliday and our b&bs are booked. Hoping to watch the starts jump in the car find a midway spot like a Yodel sprint or KOM then on to the finnish.

Hi Trev. Ian and me are doing a week's cycling and are planning to see a bit of the Carlisle to Blackpool leg. Maybe catch up with you on the day. :smile:

Martin

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We are planning to watch the 1st stage as they go past Colton village. Its about 3 miles from us, so we can just cycle along there and wait with our DSLR (multi-shot, fastest setting & pray). They should be passing about 2.30pm according to the blurb. We'll get there with biccies about half one then :smile:
We are riding the challenge ride the day before so Colton and back might make a nice little leg turner.

siadwell

Guru
I've volunteered to marshal at the final stage.
From the list of dos and don'ts in the briefing doc: "Do not be tempted to watch the event."
Kinda puts me off.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Im thinking of going to a stage, but im wondering if itll be insanely busy with the TdF/Olympics success or if there should be plenty of reasonable viewpoints.

Also do you want to be somewhere fast where you can see the immense speed or somewhere on a climb where you get to see the riders? Ive not been to watch any cycling events before. Im also guessing that youll spend hours to get to see a few seconds of Cav/Wiggins fly past (and the breakaways/stragglers) and thats pretty much it over?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
just a note on anyone thinking of buying a SKY Pro cycling top, next season their kit will be Rapha and possibly pink.....

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_8032258,00.html

Please be pink! Please be pink! Oh please please please! I will buy the team kit if it is pink! BUT, it will cost more than the average kit most likely, the Rapha Condor Sharp team kit cost a fair chunk of change IIRC.

Rapha team kit is usually very nice on the aesthetic front, the Rapha-FOCUS and Rapha Condor Sharp team kits are really slick!

Im thinking of going to a stage, but im wondering if itll be insanely busy with the TdF/Olympics success or if there should be plenty of reasonable viewpoints.

Also do you want to be somewhere fast where you can see the immense speed or somewhere on a climb where you get to see the riders? Ive not been to watch any cycling events before. Im also guessing that youll spend hours to get to see a few seconds of Cav/Wiggins fly past (and the breakaways/stragglers) and thats pretty much it over?
Yep. That just about sums it up. But you'll meet some good people while you're waiting. If you want to mingle with the stars the start or finish of a stage would be best.

Depending on which stage you go to, you may be able to get to a mountain stage and beat them to the finish as well (or in my case, regularly see a mountain stage and just fail to beat them to the finish).

Top Bottom