Wild country Duolite Tourer 2 man tent

pinkkaz

Veteran
Location
London
Hello, I have one but I haven't tried it out yet.

So actually, this post isn't very useful!

It's lightweight and packs small though and the reviews look good. We're trying it out next weekend (probably) so I can report back afterwards...
 
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Location
Wales
pinkkaz said:
Hello, I have one but I haven't tried it out yet.

So actually, this post isn't very useful!

It's lightweight and packs small though and the reviews look good. We're trying it out next weekend (probably) so I can report back afterwards...
If you could that would be great. I have been looking at other tents but this one has really taken my fancy. Just a shame that the outdoor places near me don't stock it so I could have a look at it up close and personal.
 

HelenD123

Guru
Location
York
I quite fancied that tent but ended up with a Terra Nova Superlite Solar 2.2 because it's quite a lot lighter. I'm very happy with my choice. It's stood up to plenty of wind and rain already. It won't fit the bike in though.
 

pinkkaz

Veteran
Location
London
Well I used it this weekend and really liked it although to be fair, it's not as if it had to stand up to anything excessive - no wind, no rain, no excess heat!

But the porch area is really big and that is sooo nice. I hate having a cramped porch, with 2 sets of panniers and loads of stuff it just feels like a mess. I reckon you could get 2 bikes in there but then you wouldn't get much else in there. I don't think I'd use it to store the bikes anyway - putting a plastic bag over the seats and leaving them to the elements is fine by me.

The sleeping area is smaller than I've had before, but since you're only lying down there that's fine by me - and if there's just one of you then it's big! And it's long enough (my husband is 6'1).

So annoying, I was going to take pictures but forgot - sorry!

Really, really quick to put up and take down (even the first time).

And it's small packed down. I would say half a pannier's worth - maybe could be squashed down even further.
 
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Location
Wales
pinkkaz said:
Well I used it this weekend and really liked it although to be fair, it's not as if it had to stand up to anything excessive - no wind, no rain, no excess heat!

But the porch area is really big and that is sooo nice. I hate having a cramped porch, with 2 sets of panniers and loads of stuff it just feels like a mess. I reckon you could get 2 bikes in there but then you wouldn't get much else in there. I don't think I'd use it to store the bikes anyway - putting a plastic bag over the seats and leaving them to the elements is fine by me.

The sleeping area is smaller than I've had before, but since you're only lying down there that's fine by me - and if there's just one of you then it's big! And it's long enough (my husband is 6'1).

So annoying, I was going to take pictures but forgot - sorry!

Really, really quick to put up and take down (even the first time).

And it's small packed down. I would say half a pannier's worth - maybe could be squashed down even further.
Thanks pinkkaz. I'm still quite keen on it, and the Terra Nova laser 2. However Mr Plax has said that they are both a lot of money for something that I may only ever use once.

So we have been tent shopping, and Mr Plax has bought me a Vango Alpha 200 tent in the sale for £29.99 (http://www.vango.co.uk/tents/alpha-200.html). Not the lightest at 2.7kg (but then both of the above are 2.9kg), but it is a decent enough tent for now. I'll just have to leave the bike outside:cry::becool:
 

TheDoctor

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Moderator
Location
Stevenage
I saw a 2 person tent in Asda t'other day for a tenner!! Weighs 2 kg.
You could have one for you, one for the bike and £180 left over!!!
 

kewb

New Member
TheDoctor said:
I saw a 2 person tent in Asda t'other day for a tenner!! Weighs 2 kg.
You could have one for you, one for the bike and £180 left over!!!
you have a point .
 
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Location
Wales
Well, my tent arrived. Not played with it yet as it has been raining, but come the weekend with a bit of luck the sun will be out an the grass will be dry and I can play out in the garden with it.

It's quite long so I'll have to decide how to stick it on the rack - the length of the rack or along the width? Probably the width and have it sticking out on top of he panniers and bungee it down or something.
 
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Location
Wales
Have I put it up right

So, I put my Vango Alpha 200 up in the garden today. I just want to know if it looks ok, as I thought there was a bit of a gap between the ground and the outer flysheet in some parts, especially the front porch bit.

295bd5j.jpg


ofzeyr.jpg


zumd0i.jpg


34ngydy.jpg


Also it was an absolute nightmare trying to get it back in the bag. Took me longer to put it away than to put it up!

Also what can I use as an additional groundsheet (skin flint method)? I noticed the groundsheet part of the inner tent got a few little scuffs in it from the uneven ground in my garden so want to ease the burden on it somewhat.
 

kewb

New Member
gaps are good for getting shot of condensation and staying cool , trust me youl wish they were bigger on some mornings waking up with a face swollen from the heat inside ,
btw you shouldnt need a footprint for the type of groundsheet alpha tent have but if your concerned put sleeping mats on ground and erect tent on top of them to save carrying
more kit .
 
How much are footprints and how big when packed. I always use a plastic survival bag, split and cut to the shape of my tent. I think they cost £2.

Sh!t tent that Plax: I wouldn't have bought it. :tongue:
 
Top Bottom