Wilier Asolo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vigomag

Über Member
Any views on this as a road bike, im thinking of replacing my Boardman Hybrid Comp and have seen one of these at half price. During the summer months I find spend more times on the road than the tracks etc(have a Giant Hybrid too, long story there lol) but have tried a drop road bike before but could not get away with it. I know there are the likes of Giant Rapid etc flat bar Road bikes but as say this looked a bargain.

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks a nice bike, different, won't see others on the road, go test ride, see if it's the one :smile:

brucers

Guru
Any views on this as a road bike, im thinking of replacing my Boardman Hybrid Comp and have seen one of these at half price. During the summer months I find spend more times on the road than the tracks etc(have a Giant Hybrid too, long story there lol) but have tried a drop road bike before but could not get away with it. I know there are the likes of Giant Rapid etc flat bar Road bikes but as say this looked a bargain.
Did you end up buying an Asolo, if so whats your verdict as I'm thinking of getting one?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Did you end up buying an Asolo, if so whats your verdict as I'm thinking of getting one?

Are you looking at the ones for sale on ebay? I just bought the 2014 model, got it for £250 with free p&p:thumbsup:. It was brand new.

It was £299 or best offer (its gone upto £349 or best offer now). I see the 2013 model is £284 obo, I reckon you could get £50 or more off that if you play your cards right. Put a bid of £180 in, see what they counter with and keep countering them.
Lovely bike btw, I did 2 50km rides on mine last week and its pretty quick:bicycle:

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice looking bikes, but I was told by my LBS (who are agents) that Willier was the worst manufacturer for dealer support regarding warranty claims.
It put me off buying one.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Nice looking bikes, but I was told by my LBS (who are agents) that Willier was the worst manufacturer for dealer support regarding warranty claims.
It put me off buying one.

There is no warranty with the ones on sale on ebay. The seller has 100% feedback.

Here`s the 2013 model, available in most sizes http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wilier-As...845618?hash=item54388a6072:g:l50AAOSw~oFXMeFA

Here`s the 2014 model that I got for £250 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wilier-As...135206?hash=item25c3e1a626:g:Q8YAAOSw9IpX1pqf

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Worth a punt at those prices. However, I'm not sure that 'Sold with no warranty' actually means anything when a dealer/distributor is selling a new item. Surely you would have normal consumer protection?
The item has to be fit for purpose after all.
The seller is claiming to be the official distributor for Willier bikes. Sounds to me that they are trying to give themselves some 'wriggle room' to get out of doing warranty work. Maybe my LBS was right?

brucers

Guru
Are you looking at the ones for sale on ebay? I just bought the 2014 model, got it for £250 with free p&p:thumbsup:. It was brand new.

It was £299 or best offer (its gone upto £349 or best offer now). I see the 2013 model is £284 obo, I reckon you could get £50 or more off that if you play your cards right. Put a bid of £180 in, see what they counter with and keep countering them.
Lovely bike btw, I did 2 50km rides on mine last week and its pretty quick:bicycle:
It's there I've seen it, offered. £200 for 2013 one, they came back with £250 plus postage!

brucers

Guru
Worth a punt at those prices. However, I'm not sure that 'Sold with no warranty' actually means anything when a dealer/distributor is selling a new item. Surely you would have normal consumer protection?
The item has to be fit for purpose after all.
The seller is claiming to be the official distributor for Willier bikes. Sounds to me that they are trying to give themselves some 'wriggle room' to get out of doing warranty work. Maybe my LBS was right?
I tend to agree with you, their policy cannot override consumer legislation.

brucers

Guru

I assume it arrived in perfect condition?

Top Bottom