Wilier bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AcademicX

I can wholeheartedly recommend Wilier bikes (but I would say that as I've got a Wilier Mortirolo). They are a fantastic brand and you don't see too many of them around. I've ridden mine all summer, done several long sportives on it and it's been spot-on. I got mine from Comobike in Italy and saved quite a bit (several hundred pounds) on the UK price. Have a look at their website but don't forget that the prices are ex VAT (Italian VAT is 20% but there is no import duty as Italy is in the EU).

If you need to contact them email Brent, he's very helpful and he'll sort you out.

Mortiroloboy

I also ride a Mortirolo with Campag Centaur, the bike is currently 'mothballed' over the winter months, whilst I ride my winter hack. However my experience has been the same as AcademicX's . You don't see many around, that's not because they are no good, just not that many outlets in the UK, but the bike is a real beauty, lovely to ride, and always gets admiring comments, you can pick up an 07 Mortirolo with Centaur gruppo now for £1,500.

jashburnham

I just sold my Wilier Mortirolo, but not because I didn't love it, I did! I loved my Wilier, excellent bike - only sold to fund an upgrade.

You'll be a happy chap if you plump for a Wilier.

jashburnham

Is she aware of the cost of a decent bike? My girlfriend told her Mum that I'd bought an expensive new bike the other day, her Mum replied "what, really expensive, like £500?!" (If she only knew) I always find that non-cyclists have no idea that bikes cab actually cost more than £150. People think I'm mad 'til I ask them how much they spend on commuting every year!

jashburnham

Is she aware of the cost of a decent bike? My girlfriend told her Mum that I'd bought an expensive new bike the other day, her Mum replied "what, really expensive, like £500?!" (If she only knew) I always find that non-cyclists have no idea that bikes cab actually cost more than £150. People think I'm mad 'til I ask them how much they spend on commuting every year!

Mortiroloboy

Mmmmmm,:tongue::thumbsup::blush: how does it ride compared to the Wilier?

jashburnham

User259iroloboy said:
Mmmmmm,:biggrin::thumbsup:;) how does it ride compared to the Wilier?

I can't be totally sure yet as I'm yet to do 50+miles on the Prince. So far though the difference in how they feel is amazing. Don't get me wrong the Mortirolo is a fantastic bike but the Prince is smoother (amazingly smooth given how stiff it is) and just feels so powerful, it accelerates effortlessly and is an absolute pleasure to ride; far less twitchy than the Wilier. Hard to describe really, it always amazes me how 2 bikes can feel so different, despite being made of the same material, having the same wheels and tyres and very similar geometry.

jashburnham

User259iroloboy said:
Mmmmmm,:biggrin::thumbsup:;) how does it ride compared to the Wilier?

I can't be totally sure yet as I'm yet to do 50+miles on the Prince. So far though the difference in how they feel is amazing. Don't get me wrong the Mortirolo is a fantastic bike but the Prince is smoother (amazingly smooth given how stiff it is) and just feels so powerful, it accelerates effortlessly and is an absolute pleasure to ride; far less twitchy than the Wilier. Hard to describe really, it always amazes me how 2 bikes can feel so different, despite being made of the same material, having the same wheels and tyres and very similar geometry.

Mortiroloboy

jashburnham said:

I can't say mine has ever felt 'twitchy', infact in the C+ review upon which I based my initial decision to try/buy, the reviewer said it had a surefooted feel.

The prince does look the biz, but then again it should do for that amount of dosh!;)

jashburnham

User259iroloboy said:
I can't say mine has ever felt 'twitchy', infact in the C+ review upon which I based my initial decision to try/buy, the reviewer said it had a surefooted feel.

The prince does look the biz, but then again it should do for that amount of dosh!;)

Mmm, I found the Wilier a tad twitchy on occasion, but the Prince just feels so solid i think it would make a lot of bikes feel twitchy by comparison!

Mortiroloboy

That depends on how much you think you want it?! Word of warning though, if you do take your wallet, I pretty much guarantee you will end up purchasing it, it certainly is a beautiful thing to behold:tongue:

Top Bottom