Wilko gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
anyone used the bike parts from Wilkinson's? I mean stuff like inners, chain and tubes, I know the CTC recommended the patches and the lights seem ok, wondered about the actual bike gear.

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
I always buy my inner tubes, brake pads,lights and tyres from Wiko and I have no complaints about the quality. I also have one of their luggage racks on my Halfords BSO and it hasn't, so far, buckled under the weight of my weekly shopping spree.

S.Giles

My front brake inner cable is from Wilkinson's, and has been fine. I think the stainless-steel ones from Halfords are better, though (but more expensive). I also bought a USB rechargeable front light (£9.99), but it's not a patch on my £15 Cree.

One thing that bothers me about Wilco products is the twee puns and cutesy-phrases they print on the packaging. Truly groan-inducing, and someone must have actually been paid to dream them up!

Hyslop

Veteran
I tried the Teflon lube and frankly,whilst it was perhaps a little thinner than the brands we see in our LBS,it was reasonably good I have to say.Aside from that,it was also considerably cheaper than the £12 the ceramic wax I recently bought (yes,I know,more fool me)cost.Cant say Im too impressed with the expensive lube either!

winjim

Smash the cistern
I bought some cable end caps which were ok, but I don't really see how you could get them wrong.

MarkF

Guru
I assumed all the cycle stuff in Poundland, Poundstretcher, Wilko is identical? The stuffs the same and all the boxes and packaging smell e.x.a.c.t.l.y the same. :smile:............I've used tubes and had a disproportionate amount of knackered valves, like about a 75% duff ratio last summer........

classic33

Leg End Member
I assumed all the cycle stuff in Poundland, Poundstretcher, Wilko is identical? The stuffs the same and all the boxes and packaging smell e.x.a.c.t.l.y the same. :smile:............I've used tubes and had a disproportionate amount of knackered valves, like about a 75% duff ratio last summer........
Poundland packaging comes close to Halfords packaging.

compo

Veteran
I have been using Wilco brake and gear cables for several years on different bikes and haven't had a failure yet so no complaints. The other day I wanted a brake cable with a pear nipple but all the LBS's had was single ended inners with a barrel nipple, or pay best part of a fiver for a cable and outer combination with the end I wanted.. Thankfully Wilco's were open so a bus ride saved me some money.

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
I bought a large bottle of their bike cleaner. Tried it today, just sprayed the chain and cassette and the crap dripped off straight away, just as good as muc off and a lot cheaper!:okay:

Top Bottom