Will 10 speed wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Fit an 11 speed bike ?
I'm asking as i'd like to lend a team mate either my 90mm rear or disk for a 2up TT and training rides but both are 10 speed and his bike is 11 .

If the wheels 11-spd compatible(does yours have a spacer?) you just have to change the cassette;might be iffy with a 10 spd as the 11-spd chain is narrower.

Some stuff from Lennard Zinn about compatability here;

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013...rain-compatibility-for-10-and-11-speed_301392

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was thinking the chain may be an issue . My levers are 11 speed on a 10 speed bike and it just means the last click does nothing . The limiter screw could be set on the derailer to stop the chain going one more click but it all sounds like a lot of work for a bit of fun .

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Fit an 11 speed bike ?
I'm asking as i'd like to lend a team mate either my 90mm rear or disk for a 2up TT and training rides but both are 10 speed and his bike is 11 .
You sure the wheels are not 11 speed compatible........

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
You sure the wheels are not 11 speed compatible........
Hmmm the 90mm does have a spacer behind it but was trying to avoid the faf of swapping cassettes . Ive been testing the 90mm over the last few rides and it seems to be faster than the disk so i'll be using that one :laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Hmmm the 90mm does have a spacer behind it but was trying to avoid the faf of swapping cassettes . Ive been testing the 90mm over the last few rides and it seems to be faster than the disk so i'll be using that one :laugh:
It may well be faster in some conditions

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
An 11 speed cassette on a 10 speed hub - I don't think so. The 11 speed cassetter is wider than the 10 speed freehub.

10 speed cassette on 11 speed hub - yes. You need a spacer though.

Top Bottom