Will carbon be too light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I'm toying with the idea of buying a carbon framed road bike. I want to spend around £1500,but this one...at under a grand looks appealing(any thoughts?)

but that's just the cost of the frame right?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Could equally well be an alloy framed bike of course - some of the Rose and Canyon alloy framed bikes are advertised to be around 7 Kg, for example, and CAAD 10s are pretty light too. I have been almost blown off the road riding a steel frame too.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Wind doesn't discriminate against what your frame is made out of! And anyway, wouldn't you be attached to the frame by at least 5 contact points making frame weight pretty irrelevant vs your weight?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Not as fast as my resolve did in last night's rainy crit. Just could not get enough confidence in my grip on corners. :angry:

I swear there's something wrong with my wheels.
That'll be seatpost clamp or brake caliper bolts. They're automatically responsible for the thing, that does the other thing leading to 33.6788% less grip.

VamP

Banned
OT Steve Lampier was hinting to that on the Peterborough 10 last night, taking it easily/cautiously he said (particulary through the 'S' bends), he set a Strava course record :eek:

People like that were put here to ruin it for the rest of us

Top Bottom