Will Jenny divorce Brian and when ws the last time you ate tripe and onions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I seem to remember two kinds of tripe: the furry kind and the honeycomb kind. I much preferred the former and used to enjoy it straight out of the fridge and covered in vinegar. Yum!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
For what it's worth bobg I know what you're on about but I pretend to my friends that I don't.
It's about time Brian got his come-uppance but Jenny is such a middle class doormat.:evil:

tomb1960

Brian has probably got it coming, but were Jenny to leave him goodness knows what would happen to the 'inheritance' then.

Tripe'n'onions, Breakfast of Champions!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'll have you all know, MY knitting tastes great, boiled, fried or slowly oven roasted with shallots. Anyway, boiled knitting is, of course, felt...

As for Brian and Jenny... I can't see her leaving for good. I think he's far too smart to get lumbered with Rhuari alone, he'll talk her round, or capitulate on the will.

Normally, I switch off after The Archers, but yesterday I happened to hear Go For It (childrens radio show), on bereavement. One of the most sensitive and powerful things I've heard on the subject. Had me weeping quietly in places.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
I'll have you all know, MY knitting tastes great, boiled, fried or slowly oven roasted with shallots. Anyway, boiled knitting is, of course, felt...

As for Brian and Jenny... I can't see her leaving for good. I think he's far too smart to get lumbered with Rhuari alone, he'll talk her round, or capitulate on the will.

Normally, I switch off after The Archers, but yesterday I happened to hear Go For It (childrens radio show), on bereavement. One of the most sensitive and powerful things I've heard on the subject. Had me weeping quietly in places.

i hate Go For It but the theme tune is the old Danger Man theme.

Da dat da daaa, da dada dada dada dada dada da da daaaaa

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I will eat almost anything. But not tripe. :sad:
As for the Archers... as the great Paul Weller once opined, "an everyday tale of country folk, mixed up in prostitution". There you have it. :biggrin:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Yaaaay, Thats 4 Archers fans outed .. it takes some guts but its worth it in the end :ohmy::thumbsup:. I took my O levels the same week as Lillian ... She got more than me:sad:

And all those t***e lovers ot there ...HOW, WHY and for breakfast .....by the Lord Harry!

radger

Veteran
Personally, I hope Adam shoves Brian into the AD plant, but the writers seem to favour Brian too much for that to ever happen

(And I've never had tripe, afaik)

wafflycat

Brian needs to be trampled by an overprotective cow as he gets too near her calf.

NickM

Veteran
I don't get it - if Jenny divorces Brian (something she ought to have done when the scumbag shagged the Irish whore) what's to stop him leaving the whole of his half to the kid?

She won't do it, anyway - she's too fond of being Lady Muck.

The only character I like in the Archers is Lynda (sic) Snell. The only person in the whole benighted village who isn't either a simpleton or a philistine.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
NickM said:
I don't get it - if Jenny divorces Brian (something she ought to have done when the scumbag shagged the Irish whore) what's to stop him leaving the whole of his half to the kid?

I agree Nick. Debbie and Adam will end up with a quarter each as opposed to a third under Brine's scheme. No mention of Alice and the one in Sarf Africa in all this though. What's their cut?

I like Brian as he's a pantomime villain. Most of the rest are tw*ts. Kenton's ok and I think Fallon is knobbable.

Danny

Legendary Member
Normally I don't like Brian, but I think he has been right to take responsibility for Rory and include him in his will.

Jenny is being pretty hypocritical considering Adam and Debby aren't evening Brian's own children, and she has had at least one extra-marital fling.

Anyway, come the revolution Brian's whole estate will be collectivised, and he and his miserable family will have to labour in the fields alongside the Grundys (which is no more fantastic than most Archer storylines).

Top Bottom