1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Jenny divorce Brian and when ws the last time you ate tripe and onions

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by bobg, 9 Mar 2008.

1. bobg

bobg Über Member

OK, whose prepared to own up to knowing what I'm talking about??:ohmy:

Tripe boiled in milk.... can you look at it without barfing??:biggrin:

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

No idea who Jenny and Brian are but I remember pestering my grandmother until she cooked me tripe and onions when I was a kid. Most definitely not recommended, very slimy texture and hideous taste.

3. I haven't listened to the Archers for a while now...is Patrick still in it?

:biggrin:

4. simon l& and a half

simon l& and a half New Member

as for Jenny and Brian - here's hoping that the entirety of Borsetshire is blown away by a meteorite.

As for tripe. I did have deep fried tripe and chips at St. John a few years ago. It was delicious. Like..........words fail me.

5. longers

longers Veteran

Never eaten tripe but was talking with my Dad about it last week. Round where he grew up there were UCP shops that sold nothing but tripe. He's never eaten it either.

It's supposed to make excellent dog food.

6. simonali

simonali Über Member

Indeed. We have one of those big out of town Pets-R-Us stores and they sell it frozen in big blocks. No way my pooch is getting any coz I reckon I'd hurl serving it up to him!

7. Peter

Peter Senior Member

Very true, my dog used to love the Pedigree tripe, but they stopped selling it for some reason. Wouldn't eat it myself - the smell alone put me off for life.

8. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

I've been fed up with Brian's tripe for the last year or so.

Have never been offered or eaten tripe.

9. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Tripe tastes like boiled knitting.

10. bobg

bobg Über Member

mmmm interesting ... .. seems at only tdr1nka has an inkling of probably the biggest thing to happen in the Archers since Walter Gabrial died. Compelling stuff - Sundays wouldnt be the same etc. Maybe its a white working class thing;)

As for tripe, I didn't know that poor damned dogs were subjected to it - I was invited to lunch with an aging neighbour and a plate of this abomination was thrust in front of me ... how do you decline politely something offered out of genuine kindness??? ;) when it looks like that and tastes nearly as bad as it looks?

11. bobg

bobg Über Member

I honestly think I'd have had more success with boiled knitting!!! ;)

12. simoncc

simoncc New Member

Boiled tripe and onions in parsley sauce with boiled potatoes and peas is one of my favourite meals. Tripe is readily available in good butchers shops, though the masses who shop for their meat at supermarkets will think it is a rarity.

13. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

It doesn't stink the place out for days on end like tripe does.

14. simon l& and a half

simon l& and a half New Member

I have a recipe for jellied tripe, cooked with pigs trotters and calvados, if you'd like to have it. All you have to do is ask..............

15. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Tripe and onions cooked in milk is one of the best dishes ever and as said above add boiled potatoes and you have food fit for the gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!