Will Jenny divorce Brian and when ws the last time you ate tripe and onions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
No idea who Jenny and Brian are but I remember pestering my grandmother until she cooked me tripe and onions when I was a kid. Most definitely not recommended, very slimy texture and hideous taste.

as for Jenny and Brian - here's hoping that the entirety of Borsetshire is blown away by a meteorite.

As for tripe. I did have deep fried tripe and chips at St. John a few years ago. It was delicious. Like..........words fail me.

longers

Legendary Member
Never eaten tripe but was talking with my Dad about it last week. Round where he grew up there were UCP shops that sold nothing but tripe. He's never eaten it either.

It's supposed to make excellent dog food.

simonali

Guru
longers said:

Indeed. We have one of those big out of town Pets-R-Us stores and they sell it frozen in big blocks. No way my pooch is getting any coz I reckon I'd hurl serving it up to him!

Peter

Very true, my dog used to love the Pedigree tripe, but they stopped selling it for some reason. Wouldn't eat it myself - the smell alone put me off for life.

Tripe tastes like boiled knitting.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
mmmm interesting ... .. seems at only tdr1nka has an inkling of probably the biggest thing to happen in the Archers since Walter Gabrial died. Compelling stuff - Sundays wouldnt be the same etc. Maybe its a white working class thing;)

As for tripe, I didn't know that poor damned dogs were subjected to it - I was invited to lunch with an aging neighbour and a plate of this abomination was thrust in front of me ... how do you decline politely something offered out of genuine kindness??? ;) when it looks like that and tastes nearly as bad as it looks?

simoncc

Boiled tripe and onions in parsley sauce with boiled potatoes and peas is one of my favourite meals. Tripe is readily available in good butchers shops, though the masses who shop for their meat at supermarkets will think it is a rarity.

Keith Oates

Janner
Tripe and onions cooked in milk is one of the best dishes ever and as said above add boiled potatoes and you have food fit for the gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom