Will removal of bottom hair increase or reduce cycling comfort?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Smurfy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Wax by a beautician. Don't try it yourself unless you are both a masochist and a contortionist!
Stay off the bike for 24-48 hours after you have had it done.
Definitely don't cycle back from the beautician!
Can't think of much that would be more humiliating than being on all fours while some lady (are all beauticians ladies) waxes my bottom!

Maybe a razor wouldn't be so bad after all!

ayceejay

Guru
Let's get technical here for a minute, the only reason for doing this (even thinking about doing this) is that hair rubbing between saddle + shorts and skin causes discomfort through friction - amirite? So, the area in question is quite small and there is no need for a Brazilian massacre as long as you 'hit the spot' so to speak. Here's what you do: remove your shorts and spread the saddle with grinding paste (any car parts shop will have it) and go for a short ride, preferable out of sight of anyone with a delicate disposition, when get home you will be sore briefly, three months tops - all the hair will be gone and your bum will be ground to a shiny finish the shape of your saddle as a bonus.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Insert a candle, preferably a birthday cake candle, non wick end first. Then light the wick , release some wind to blow out the candle and in a flash (pardon the pun) all surrounding hair will be gone. I think this is known as the scorched earth method. Probably could be classed as another form of waxing.

Warning: this could burn your bum.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Glad I'm only having coffee just now. Hopefully by the time I walk the dog and come back for breakfast some of these visions will have left my brain.

On a more serious note, I think you will find when the hair grows back, the stubble will be more irritating than the hair was originally so I would just leave it if I were you.

tyred

Legendary Member
If you're going to do it at all, do it like a man and use a real razor
razor.jpeg

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you shave close you'll be bothered by spots and, worse, boils because after shaving the hairs retract back into the follicles and some will become infected or try to regrow out of the follicle wall, a problem that affects people with very curly hair.

Just buy a cheap beard trimmer and fit a guard for a no.3 or no.4 cut then trim the length of your body hair. That will give you less catching and tugging and will be more hygienic but will leave the follicles protected.

Top Bottom