Will shaving your legs....

Will shaving your legs be beneficial on a 100 mile ride?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran

Shaving your legs will have no effect whatsoever on your performance on any ride. And this is coming from someone who already shaves....

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I'm thinking of shaving mine...leave it a few days .....then cuddle up to Mrs B in bed itching my stubble on her legs.....sauce for the goose :smile:
...grease for the gander...

PS If you want me to vote, please have the courtesy to spell your question correctly: if you can't be bothered, then why should I?

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Im just curious really :smile: got my first imperial century tomorrow and Im a bit nervous!!! going to be quite windy (23mph) but thatll be a tail for the last half (ish) and hopefully the first half might be a little sheltered by a range of hills.

:cheers:

Im just curious really :smile: got my first imperial century tomorrow and Im a bit nervous!!! going to be quite windy (23mph) but thatll be a tail for the last half (ish) and hopefully the first half might be a little sheltered by a range of hills.

:cheers:

what 'advantage' were you expecting through shaving, incidentally..?

GrasB

Veteran
On the ride it's self I'd hope not as that ment you will have come off your bike. Before & after the ride it may make a difference as your masseur, assuming you have one, will have an easer time with your all critical leg muscles. Long term it's also useful because you get to know the 'stature' of your leg muscles & thus can tell you if you're going to hard or to easy when training.

montage

God Almighty
I think even the argument that shaving the legs is for the benefit of road rash is a bunch of cobblers - I'm pretty badly scarred up on my legs from this year's racing, and didn't shave my legs at all. Shaved around the wounds post crash mind so I could stick bandages on

Top Bottom