Will this make the roads safer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

She's not a "hardened killer".

She's a reckless, thoughtless woman who killed someone in an entirely preventable RTA.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
domtyler said:
She doesn't exactly look like a hardened killer does she?

What does a hardened killer look like though ??

Tynan

Veteran
she looks like on of those chavs that doesn't give a toss for anyone else

granted mug shots don't bring the best out, she's certainly a killer

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
2299755521_15d9c09bb9_o.jpg

domtyler

Über Member
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:

ap_allgier3_070627_ms.jpg

domtyler

Über Member
Tynan said:
she looks like on of those chavs that doesn't give a toss for anyone else

granted mug shots don't bring the best out, she's certainly a killer

She looks like an ordinary young woman to me, true she acted irresponsibly though and should have known better. Most people make big mistakes and get away with them, just. I know I have. She was unlucky. Not as unlucky as the cyclist though admittedly.

After careful consideration, I have had a change of heart

I had not fully digested the fact that she was doing 45 in a 30. Clearly there are 2 issues here - the speed and the mobile use

4 years is probably fair.

As an aside, I know someone who got 4 years for killing someone by driving recklessly. Overtaking a line of cars, round a corner (misjudgement by him) - Driving too fast etc. crashed into a car coming the other way.

He is a really nice guy, churchgoer, charity worker, thoroughly decent bloke etc but..... he had to be seen to be punished for his crime. Sad for him, but you are responsible for your own actions. I felt that his punishment fitted the crime. The family of the deceased need to see "justice being done"

The problem is people do not consider the consequences of their actions until it is too late.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think that the error made by the driver was far more serious and dangerous. I think it sends out exactly the right message about using mobile phones whilst driving, and I think the sentence was entirely appropriate. It's very very stupid and careless to both break the speed limit and use a phone whilst controlling a motorcar.

Pity Theo isn't here, else I'm sure he'd have come up with some sort of ridiculous RLJing is still safer argument.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
BentMikey said:
Pity Theo isn't here, else I'm sure he'd have come up with some sort of ridiculous RLJing is still safer argument.

Mikey they were my thoughts exactly. He is probably lying low with Clive Lloyd and Peter the Pleater as we speak :sad:

Top Bottom