Will you be cycling during ambulance strikes??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Seems a really silly nanny-state comment to me! Better not get in a car then - or stay at home as most accidents are at home. People are killed every year getting out of bed, or falling down stairs, or tripping over the dog/cat, or using machinery - and even Xmas trees can kill - think those nice shiny lights! Dearie me...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Here we go again!

We had this debate done to death during the COVID pandemic when hospitals were stretched to the limit and filled beyond capacity due to the double whammy of patient levels and illness amongst staff.
It was also hotly debated last week in the thread about riding your bike in the cold/snow.

I think both sides of the argument have been thoroughly covered so no need to rake it all up yet again?

I think I'm at as much risk of an accident in the house. Stairs can be killers. And if I go out walking the dog - I have to cross roads.
I'll make sure to do my Green Cross Code.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Just ride normally and take all usual/sensible precautions. Also, just carry out your own risk assessment. What is the actual likelihood of needing an ambulance based on your riding history? How many of your trips have involved a ride in an ambulance? I think some of us might just need to get a grip, get real and man (or woman) up and grow some.

Alex321

Veteran
Just ride normally and take all usual/sensible precautions. Also, just carry out your own risk assessment. What is the actual likelihood of needing an ambulance based on your riding history? How many of your trips have involved a ride in an ambulance? I think some of us might just need to get a grip, get real and man (or woman) up and grow some.

Exactly.

I have never had a ride in an ambulance other than when I had appendicitis when I was aged 7.

If I had been further from home or my wife had not been available, I might have wanted one after my crash in March, but that is the only time I have had an accident (bike related or not) requiring an urgent trip to hospital, and my wife took me rather than calling an ambulance.

I suspect the majority here have fairly similar numbers.

Top Bottom