Will you be cycling during ambulance strikes??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Just ride normally and take all usual/sensible precautions. Also, just carry out your own risk assessment. What is the actual likelihood of needing an ambulance based on your riding history? How many of your trips have involved a ride in an ambulance? I think some of us might just need to get a grip, get real and man (or woman) up and grow some.

In over 50 years of riding theres been 3 ambulance rides, 1 when I was taken ill during a ride, one when I was rear ended and 1 when I had a bad reaction to a wasp sting.

How else am i going to get to work ?
The actual chance of injury is low if you discount the numpties

If your workplace was paying attention and behaving responsibility they would give you the day off just in case

on full pay of course

I'm sure the chancellor will hear what has been said and start up another scheme for people to be able to stay at home rather than take the risk of going to work
especially those who use the extremely risky option of cycling - and especially if they do so without wearing a helmet and hi-vis.

anyone got the email of the Daily Fail editor - I might have a column he can print???
actually the Scum would be an idea - I think they are a columnist down at the moment

classic33

Leg End Member
If your workplace was paying attention and behaving responsibility they would give you the day off just in case

on full pay of course

I'm sure the chancellor will hear what has been said and start up another scheme for people to be able to stay at home rather than take the risk of going to work
especially those who use the extremely risky option of cycling - and especially if they do so without wearing a helmet and hi-vis.

anyone got the email of the Daily Fail editor - I might have a column he can print???
actually the Scum would be an idea - I think they are a columnist down at the moment
Letters@dailymail.co.uk

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
I've been ambulanced once whilst cycling after crashing on Reading track, 30 years ago!

If the weather's reasonable I'll go out tomorrow, enduring a minor theme park atm!🤣🤣

stephec

Legendary Member
In all seriousness, I think DIY is one of the major causes of accidents in the UK, so not putting up Christmas decorations should be top of any such list of dangerous stuff.

In more seriousness, I know of someone who ended up with a bad brain injury after falling off a ladder whilst putting up lights on his house.

Whenever I see lights strung along someone's roof line I always wonder if they've considered the risk beforehand.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Here we go again!

We had this debate done to death during the COVID pandemic when hospitals were stretched to the limit and filled beyond capacity due to the double whammy of patient levels and illness amongst staff.
It was also hotly debated last week in the thread about riding your bike in the cold/snow.

I think both sides of the argument have been thoroughly covered so no need to rake it all up yet again?
The Seven Groundhog Days of Cyclechat:

1. Dangers
2. Lubrications
3. Clothing
4. Frame materials
5. Price / value
6. Other transports
7. Whether Accy should wear a deer stalker, a nineteenth century uniform of the Grenadier Guards, French wellingtons and cerise jodhpurs when fetching the fish and chips on Friday, and which cocktail dress his dog should pick for the open-top /lidded car journey

Much like the trope that there are only seven stories to be told, and all literature is once version of one of these.

Perhaps we ought to just sticky the seven perenniel cycling threads and shut this place down?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
ef8.jpg

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The Seven Groundhog Days of Cyclechat:

1. Dangers
2. Lubrications
3. Clothing
4. Frame materials
5. Price / value
6. Other transports
7. Whether Accy should wear a deer stalker, a nineteenth century uniform of the Grenadier Guards, French wellingtons and cerise jodhpurs when fetching the fish and chips on Friday, and which cocktail dress his dog should pick for the open-top /lidded car journey

Much like the trope that there are only seven stories to be told, and all literature is once version of one of these.

Perhaps we ought to just sticky the seven perenniel cycling threads and shut this place down?

You copy pasted the first four from that sex dungeon site you frequent, didn't you?

Top Bottom